Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Knowing99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2005, 08:16 PM
    Toilet Drains Slow in Basement
    Please help. My toilet in the basement will not flush if a moderate amount of water has been used. Example is if me and my significant both take a shower and I do a load of laundry the toilet will not flush. It fills to the rim and then slowly drains. I have had the sewer line cleaned out to the street or main. The house is old, 1928, but the bathroom downstairs is about 3 years old. Our next step is removing the toilet, which I would like to avoid, and snaking it out. Toilet works fine in morning when we first get up and no one has had a shower. Also, I should note that I have been told that the toilet in basement is the last fixure in house. Also, when the toilet will not drain if you flush the upstair toilet it gives a large bubble in basement toilet
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 25, 2005, 07:42 AM
    "When the toilet will not drain if you flush the upstair toilet it gives a large bubble in basement toilet."

This tells me that whoever snaked out your sewer line didn't get all the clog out. You have a partial blockage and since the basement toilet's the last fixture that will put the problem outside the house in the sewer line. It needs to be cleared out again. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Drains slow [ 24 Answers ]

A few days ago my toilet started draining slow. When I flush, the toilet fills up, and then slowly drains. To get solid matter to go down I have to flush 3-5 times. I first tried a plunger, which did not work. I then tried a closet auger, which did not work. So, I disconnected the toilet and...

Toilet drains slow due to cleanout? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have got an issue with a toilet that is draining slow. It seems to have started after I capped a cleanout access upline to the toilet. Is this possilbe? I haven't tried to uncap the access, but there is a vent between the cap and the toilet drain. It is a new toilet, and before I...

New Bathroom, But Tub Drains Slow [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, all. Glad to have found this place as I sure need some answers and help! My wife and I decided the old bathroom needed to be renovated. It was about 20 years old and showed it. The old bathroom was a 3/4 unit, with a toilet and shower stall only, no bathtub. We opted to have the it...

Bathtub drains slow or not at all [ 9 Answers ]

My bathtub has been slow, very slow, on and off for years. Sometimes drain cleaner helps but most times it doesn't. We actually keep a plunger in the bathroom and my daughter now showers on a step stool! After furiously plunging for hours today I finally searched for the source. I found a drum trap...

Whirlpool bath drains slow [ 3 Answers ]

I just moved into a new house and have a new whirlpool bathtub for the first time, but no owner's manual. After a month or so of living, the water is draining slower and I need to clean the hair out of the filter/trap. The drain plug just pushes down to close draining or pushes up to open. I can't...

View more questions Search