Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pink594 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 11:16 AM
    How old do you have to be to move out in canada?
    I live in canada
    And want to move out.
    But I keep hearing you have to be 18.
    I am under 18.
    And really wish to live with my boyfriend.
    So does ANYONE know how old you have to be to move out of your parents house
    With out their permmision??
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2007, 11:31 AM
    First, you are waaayyy to young to be having sex with a boy friend. Second if you are having sex without marriage you are simply asking for trouble. What will happen if you become pregnant? Will he dump you for some other girl who will put out for him? Think this through Please! Stay home, work out the issues you have with your parents before your life is ruined for ever.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Age of majority is indeed 18.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 15, 2007, 11:49 AM
    In another thread on 10/22/07 you posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Pink594
    im 18
    So did you lie there? How old are you really and how old is your boyfriend?
    Pink594 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Yeah I could have lied on thing only because I don't want people to know who I am
    But I don't recall saying that I'm 18
    I am 16 and he is 19
    We have been together for almost 2 years
    And no he wouldn't leave me if I got pregnant together
    And the day I find someone is still waiting for marriage and is in a long term relationship
    Is like very low
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 16, 2007, 11:28 AM
    If he is 19 he could be in trouble if you try to move in with him. He could be in trouble if you have had sexual relations.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink594
    yeah i could of lied on thing only because i dont want people to know who i am
    but i dont recall saying that im 18
    i am 16 and he is 19
    we have been together for almost 2 years
    and no he wouldnt leave me if i got pregnant together
    and the day i find someone is still waiting for marriage and is in a long term relationship
    is like very low

Well, it's hard for me to give you advice when I don't know the whole truth. I would guess that more than one 16 year old is dating a 19 year old in Canada so that probably wouldn't have led me to your door.

On the other hand, if you are too young to spell pregnant you are probably too young to be pregnant; have you read some of what other people have posted about boyfriends who walk out - ? Hopefully yours will not but is that the life you would want for your child? Heck, husbands walk out! And so do wives!

I don't know you; I don't know your boyfriend; I don' t know your situation - but getting pregnant is not the worse thing that can happen when sex is casual and unprotected. People are dying out there.

If you were 14 when the sexual relationship began I would wonder if your boyfriend could be charged with statutory rape. (I just tried to look at the chart but it wouldn't load for me.)

No one is saying wait for marriage - I agree with you; it's unfortunate and almost sad but that is not the way most of the World works today. However, bringing a child into this world at your age is just not fair to that child.

Will you listen to a stranger - probably not. Quite frankly, I wouldn't have either. But hopefully you will now have something to think about.

I hope it works out for you but keep in mind that people sometimes don't stay and you end up having to take care of yourself. I trust you are making some plans for your future beyond moving in with your boyfriend.
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Well at 16 your history of questions here paints a scary picture: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search...archid=2058951

Do you not have any parents around?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Well at 16 your history of questions here paints a scary picture: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search...archid=2058951

Do you not have any parents around?

I take back my earlier advice. I should have read the past postings. This is entirely out of MY league!
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Don't worry Judy. Experience has taught me to sniff certain "suspect" posts on discussion boards. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What to know to move to Canada [ 2 Answers ]

I am an American going to Canada to marry my fiancé. I have a passport but I need to know on how do I move my household things there. What are the rules and regulations? Im stressing out because I cannot find much info at all online about it. Thank You.

View more questions Search