Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jalaspi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 06:59 AM
    Height of WATER TANK for Plot
    I have a plot of Land 25 acres.
    I want to build a WATER TANK for distribution of water all around the plot.
    Can anyone suggest the HEIGHT at which the tower tank is to be made for distribution with good pressure. I do not want to instal a PRESSURE PUMP.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2007, 11:06 AM
    ~.45 lbs of pressure for every foot of height.

Howstuffworks "How Water Towers Work"

100' will give you about 45 lbs which is typical water pressure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet tank doesn't refill. No water in tank make it flush [ 17 Answers ]

My toilet was working properly before tonight. :p There was no slow leak sound; nothing. Now when the handle is pressed, nothing happens. I opened up the tank and found there was no water in the tank. :( I've been searching the Internet for answers, but haven't found any that address this...

Water tank height versus water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I'm not a physicist so I need your help. I live in Mexico. We have a water tank sitting on the roof - there is no pressure pump. The water pressure in the house is very low. Is there a rule of thumb (for the common man) that will tell me how how much pressure increase will result from raising...

Hot water venting into cold water tank [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I posted my query here a while back but unfortunately it appears to have been left to fester :confused: (query was hot water from cold water tap). After a couple more visits by a plumber, his view is that the hot water tank is overheating, venting hot water into the cold water tank at the...

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

New hot water tank installed, loss of water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

After the installation of a new hot water tank, we have less pressure which is only noticeable when trying to fill the tub. Any ideas? Thank you.

View more questions Search