Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OMGrandomname Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 07:44 PM
    MAYTAG Washer Out Of Control!
    My maytag top load washer is going crazy like its on stereroids. Its completely level and not even dancing across the floor. But its beating the life out of itself. The drum is whacking the walls beyond control. The loads are light, set on mini, checked the springs (all attached) checked belt and looked at everything that I could think of and cannot see any apparent damage or reason for it to do so... PLEASE HELP!?
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Nov 15, 2007, 03:42 AM
    If the machine is level and it is a "true" Maytag (they made several different styles) you likely need damper pads. If you can provide the model number I can let you know for sure. They aren't difficult to change (I have a trick) but the repair takes some patience and a lot of lying on the floor. Get me the model and we can go from there.
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Nov 15, 2007, 03:50 AM
    If the machine is level and it is a "true" Maytag (they made several different styles) you likely need damper pads. If you can provide the model number I can let you know for sure. They aren't difficult to change (I have a trick) but the repair takes some patience and a lot of lying on the floor. Get me the model and we can go from there.
    goball Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 09:21 PM
    My washer is doing the same thing even with light loads. Looks like it will need new rub pads to be installed. More later when I've asked more questions. I'll email you again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Ice20 Control Panel is Freakin' Out [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, we have one of those expensive French door Maytag fridge/freezers with ice and water within a control panel. All of the lights keep flashing and the little flap that opens when ice comes down the chute keeps opening and closing as if the motor is running continuously. I've seen no evidence of...

View more questions Search