Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    courty10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Pendulum's period during oscillation
    Why is it that a pendulum's period will gradually increase at first and then gradually decrease to its initial value?
    kesavan Posts: 118, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 09:14 AM
    What gradually increase
    Please ask more details
    I thing pendulum's period does not change with time
    Physics Goddess Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Nov 19, 2007, 06:37 PM
    This will occur with the period if the pendulum is filled with water and gradually begins to leak until empty. It is about how the center of mass of the object changes.
    Sanjay Persad Posts: 110, Reputation: 0

Nov 25, 2007, 12:04 PM
    The time for one pendulum would always be constant as gravity acts on it. The distance the pendulum moves from side to side decreases, the pendulum slows down but the time of one oscillation would always remain constant and the same to the first oscillation.
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Nov 25, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Yeah, clearly a normal pendulum's period is not a function of time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had unprotected sex 3 days before I started my period but my period came 7days earl [ 9 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex then 3 days later I started my period when I wasn't supposed to for about another week. Is it possible I could be pregnant?:confused:

Period cramps without period. [ 7 Answers ]

I'm trying to get pregnant!! My expected period is on sat I've had some cramping like I would right before my period . Am I able to have that without getting my period... I'm starting to doubt I'm pregnant

Worried about getting my period at school(not first period)! [ 15 Answers ]

I'm a 13 years,7 months old girl and have got my first period 2 months ago... first time was day 12 in month and lasted 9 days ,second time day 19 the month after (a week late) and lasted 4 days.then stopped a day then came and ended in 7 days ( with a about 3 days in mid no bleeding)... im...

No period for months now period stopped [ 7 Answers ]

I haven't had a regular period since April and now its July. My last regular period was in the end of April of this yr. then in may there was nothing. No discharge of any kind no nothing last month; in June in the 20's all I had was a brown discharge and some streaks of blood towards the end. Now...

View more questions Search