Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mylittlesunshyne Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Nov 14, 2007, 06:57 PM
    What do you do when a telemarketer calls
    Sometimes, when they can't pronounce our last name right when they say it wrong we hang up. I asked one of them if they had a hang up button, he said that they weren't allowed to hang up! They literally don't have a hang up button!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 06:58 PM
    I am on the National Do Not Call Registry, so we don't have them calling here.
    Mylittlesunshyne Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Nov 14, 2007, 07:02 PM
    HAHA! Did that to a while ago, but they still called back a few times. I love to start conversations with them, I asked them what their favorite color was once.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 07:16 PM
    My husband plays jokes on them... and I tell them I just don't have time... Sorry! LOL
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 08:43 PM
    I ask them to hang on a second , then put the phone down and leave them hanging on.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 08:48 PM
    I don't get many calls since the Do Not Call Registry came out - I did both, the state and federal. Once in awhile someone does slip through and I have a great time with them. I like to interrupt their spiel - they get so flustered when they have to start all over again. That sounds kind of mean and maybe it is - the telemarketer's job must be pitiful.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 09:03 PM
    I pretend to speak chinese and then hang up. Or I tell them that those people moved to another country and no longer available. Or I just pretend to be dumb and keep them on as long as I can, I continually ask them questions. I also sometimes pretend to speak other languages. Oh, I am in tourable now. Lol
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 09:05 PM
    I tell them I am busy and ask for their home phone number so that I can call them when I am not busy.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Nov 15, 2007, 11:04 AM
    I just go into Battlestar Galactica mode,and say "how the frack did you cylons get this fracking number anyway"

It usually does the trick. :D
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2007, 03:57 PM
    That's the working poor on the other end of the line, some respect would be nice.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2007, 04:04 PM
    They know going into the job that they will be annoying the hell out of people - they get what comes with that position.
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    They know going into the job that they will be annoying the hell out of people - they get what comes with that position.
    Exactly my sentiment. I do not feel sorry for them one bit. They know they are going to get all kinds of responses and it comes with the job.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2007, 04:10 PM
    Add to that the fact that they often prey on the elderly.
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2007, 04:14 PM
    Very true. Never even thought of that aspect. They do take advantage of that. I remember hearing so many stories of that happening. All to sell a product to people who give into the pressure they receive.
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2007, 04:22 PM
    I was a telemarketer in high school... Oh man, that lasted about two months, I just couldn't take it... people hated me, I mean they really really hated me... and all I usually got to say was. Hi, this is Startover22 from PBS... LOL Oh dang, I wouldn't wish that job on anyone...
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2007, 04:24 PM
    I even thought of taking up that job, for extra money. Not kidding. As long as they can not find out where I live and my phone number. I would take the abuse.
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2007, 04:27 PM
    Nooo, Joe, you need to be a happy man for your family, it would get to you! Don't do it Joe... I am the little angel on your shoulder saying no Joe no...
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 12:10 AM
    YouTube - Tom Mabe funny phone call
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Simple pass the phone to my two year old trust me they find the hang up button then lol
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 10:33 AM
    If it's a recorded call, I let them listen to the radio.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

K-Test Poll [ 11 Answers ]

K-Test Poll Has the K-Test helped you identify a bad Engine Control Module (ECM) in your Honda Civic or Accord, which caused you to replace it and get your car running again? If it has, I'd like to chronicle that fact here.

[Making] Race an issue in Bonds Poll [ 18 Answers ]

Race an issue in Bonds Poll was the headline in my paper... but I think mine is more accurate. For the record, I have no problem with Bonds breaking the record - but I also think Pete Rose (as crazy as he is now) should be in the hall of fame. If Bonds or any other player used steroids and...

A recent poll [ 25 Answers ]

A recent Gallup poll showed the following: So, 43% of those polled would not be bothered much or at all if the USA is seen as having lost the war in Iraq. Nearly half the country doesn't give a crap if we lose or not. Does that bother you? Is that how you feel? Elliot

I'm taking a poll [ 8 Answers ]

I've already asked the questions I needed answered about my ex and her child raising methods. Now I just actually want to get a count from as many people as possible. I just want everybody to answer with a simple yes or no to these three Questions. Question#1- Is it acceptable for a 4 year old...

View more questions Search