Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    umad ahmad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Short sale of homes
    What is Short Sale? And how can I learn the process involved. Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 08:34 PM
    You have a home you can't pay the loan on, you try to sell it but can't sell it for more money than you owe to the bank.

So you get permission from the bank to sell it to someone for less than you owe on it.. You will then pay taxes on the difference from what is owed to what it sells for.

It is totally up to your bank or loan company to approve or allow it, so between your real estate agent and your bank, there is nothing for you to learn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homes for sale with tax liens [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have just recently started to get into tax lien sales and I went by a few properties that are listed on the auction site and two of the properties with tax liens have for sale signs in their front yard. How can they sell their house if they owe taxes? Did they file for a lien discharge...

Short sale not accepted [ 3 Answers ]

When a short sale is not accepted what is the next best option ?

Short sale [ 1 Answers ]

When a short sale is not accepted what is the next best option?

Short sale [ 1 Answers ]

How long does the owner get to have the house under short sale? Is there a time frame before the lender will take it back and foreclose on the house?

Homes for sale with tax liens #2 [ 1 Answers ]

So, if the person selling their house has a tax lien on the home then they have to pay those taxes in the closing fee. Got it. But, what happens if the home does not sell before the tax lien sale occurs? Can the tax lien still be up for auction? Wouldn't this stop the home from being sold?

View more questions Search