Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TBina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2005, 07:17 PM
    Healing after crown treatment
    How long does it take for a tooth after RCT and a crown treatment to fully heal? I got a crown on one of my molars 6 weeks ago (on a tooth I was told originally had only a medium-sized cavity... ) Everything seemed fine afterwards but lately that area's been feeling sore. Is this normal a few weeks later?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2005, 06:21 AM
    Crown
    Hi,
    Being a person with teeth problems all their life, having root canals, crowns, etc, I would think this isn't normal after 6 weeks.
    I am only guessing here, but it could be a slight infection.
    I would see your dentist, let him/her check it out.
    Normally, after 2 weeks, the area shouldn't be sore anymore and be fine.
    Please see your dentist. If needed, they can prescribe an antibiotic, if this is the problem.
    I do wish you the best of luck.
    beth10 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2006, 10:02 AM
    I have had a crown placed on a week and a half ago. When I chew on that side I only feel that tooth it also itches still. I have had it ground down twice and I still have a bad fit when I eat.At the end of the day my jaw is tired. I am still waiting to put on a permanent crown on the other side of my mouth it is still soar after 4 weeks. Can this be fixed.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 13, 2006, 02:38 PM
    No It Ain't
    Quote Originally Posted by TBina
    How long does it take for a tooth after RCT and a crown treatment to fully heal? I got a crown on one of my molars 6 weeks ago (on a tooth I was told originally had only a medium-sized cavity...) Everything seemed fine afterwards but lately that area's been feeling sore. Is this normal a few weeks later?
    It is not normal to feel like this 6 weeks later, when I had my crown fitted I had no pain or problems with it so guess I must have been lucky! If I was you I would get back to the dentist and get him too take a look, and if your not happy with his treatment then I would go and see a second dentist and get them to take a look and see if the other one has screwed up. If it feels sore and if there is any kind of swelling this may mean that there is an infection in your tooth that's why I'd get it looked over ASAP or you could end up sheding more cash put plus losen you crown:confused:
    TechDummy Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Jan 14, 2006, 06:36 PM
    It can take a while..
    I'm a dentist,. And ,yes, unusual feelings can occur for a while following RCT... There should NOT be swelling... If continued infection seems to be the problem then ask the dentist to see you again..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which Vitamins promote healing? [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if you could tell me which Vitamins or Supplements are known to promote healing?

Self Healing Hardware [ 3 Answers ]

For the second time in five years my hardware has healed it self.This time my year old cell phone was taken to my retailer.I told them it froze and I could not make calls. The tech told me it could not be fixed,A few days ago I recharged the phone and it now works The phone is no longer online but...

Healing Process [ 3 Answers ]

I went to my first counseling session yesterday, and it went well. It was just a bunch of questions about everything (from childhood up to present day) to lay the foundation of where my real problems stem from. As good as I feel about starting the process of mending my marriage, I feel terrible...

Is this the normal healing process? [ 7 Answers ]

Heyy everyone! Well its been a little bit since I posted on here. Lately I have been having a really difficult time moving on from my past relationship- as most of you might know, my boyfriend dumped me after 2 years together. We had planned a future, talked about marriage and the love was...

Healing Sores fast [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter has bug bites and she won't stop picking them, long enough for them to heal up, the scars are getting bad! I have tried alomost every thing, need some help here please to get rid of the open wounds and start to heal the scars fast!

View more questions Search