Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lauroo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2005, 06:38 PM
    Musty/moldy smell
    We have noticed a strong musty/moldy smell coming from the bathroom vanity, inside of heating baseboard (there are holes where the pipes go into the wall), inside the electrical box panel and any small openings on the baseboard too. We own a slab ranch home (no basement). There are no visible signs there is mold in the bathroom.

We went into the attic to see if there was any signs of moisture (mold), and we found nothing. No smell, no visual signs of moisure. The toilet, shower and sink pipes do not smell inside. There are no signs of a rodent problem in the attic.

Is there a distinct difference between the smell we are smelling and sewer gas/smell.

Please help. Thank you!!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 24, 2005, 06:27 AM
    Test your home for mold with this free test. http://www.homemoldtestkits.com/google.html

Sewer gas does smell different then mold. Let me know how the test turns out. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dryer slow drying, terrible moldy smell [ 2 Answers ]

I've got an 8 year old whirlpool electric dryer that's been cantankerous for a while. It's taking a few dryer cycles to dry clothes, and it smells awful. Very bad. Like mold. I disassembled the whole thing last night and didn't find anything off - no lint blockages, the heating elements very...

Air smells a bit moldy [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed that the air coming out of the vents smelled kind of moldy, like how an old car's air comes out. I can tell because the air in the house smells a bit moldy as well. I got 5 houseplants because I read that they improve air quality, and that have quite a bit. But the moldy air still...

Toilet leak, musty smell [ 1 Answers ]

I recently replace the supply line to my toilet. I guess I did it wrong and water leaked around the edge of the wall for 2 days. I fixed the leak and mopped up the water. Now we have a bad musty smell. DO I need to tear my sheetrock out and replace the insulation and sheetrock? I don't see any...

Gas smell [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem that my plumber has been unable to fix on a couple of occasions. Very simply put, soon after I turn on the shower, a couple of minutes or so, I get a terrible rotten egg (sewer gas?) smell. I can't tell if it starts when it starts steaming up or just because. Shower is used...

I work in a Moldy building [ 11 Answers ]

My question is, If I report to my place of business, its an old religious facility, built during the civil war, that I have been getting severe symptoms from the mold, what are my options, can they fire me, for this, what type of lawyer, should I seek, what can I do, I only work there 1 day out...

View more questions Search