Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hmann1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 04:14 PM
    Calculation of Silver in Seawater
    I am trying to figure out how to calculate the total amount of silver in all oceans and seas.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 04:35 PM
    From what I am looking up it varies for a variety of reasons

The average concentration of silver in the surface sea-water around Monaco was found to be 0.14Mgrg Ag/l. It was also concluded that observed variations of silver content in seawater were not related to the fresh water run-off from the neighboring coast. This suggests that the variations have to be attributed to some other factor or a combination of factors.
    On the basis of the observed values of the silver content of the Var River water, an upper limit of silver supply by fresh waters into the sea-area around Monaco is estimated to be 2.3Mgrg Ag per liter of fresh water. Considering the mixing of the fresh water with sea-water, an increase of up to 0.09Mgrg Ag/l in the sea-water might be expected. The fact that the increase of silver in the sea-water was not observed in connection with the fresh-water mixing suggests that some effective removal process of silver may be in operation at the immediate vicinity of the injection of fresh-water into the sea.
    SpringerLink - Journal Article

chart
    Periodic Table of the Elements for Seawater(JavaScript)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Silver certificate [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if my silver certificate has any value it is a 1957B Y01356742A, I also have a 1957A P48033325A, 1935E X81638746G there all in excellent no tears or rips anything.

Silver certificates [ 2 Answers ]

How much are 5$ silver certificates years 1934-e and 1935-e worth also 1935 and 1934 1 dollar certificates worth

Silver dolar [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1935 silver certififcate dollar... I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they know how much it might be worth?:)

Silver certificate [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how much a dollar bill, with a blue stamp,( I believe it's called a silver certificate), is worth. It's pretty worn but not torn or anything.

View more questions Search