Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Homerun9089 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2005, 04:16 PM
    Get the coach's attention
    The only way I can describe basketball and me is, pure love.
    I play any chance I can get and I'm always spraining my ankles because of that. I play for an all star team, and I also play in a recreation league
    The problem I have is making the school team. I try my hardest. I dive for balls and do anything in my power. Yet for some reason coaches do not see how well I and my peers think I play.
    So basically my question is what can I do in tryouts that will get the coaches attention, and make me be on the team? I am a pg/sg. 13 years old, 5"4' and 113 pounds.
    Someone please help me, I would really apreciate any thing.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2005, 06:33 AM
    Basketball team
    Hi,
    Here is a link with some tips on making jumping hoop shots:
    http://www.ehow.com/tips_8842.html

Do your school coaches know you sprain your ankles easily? If they do, this will be a disadvantage in making a team.
    Have you talked with a Podiatrist or some other type of Doctor, like an Orthopedic Doctor about your feet? A Professional might have some suggestions as to what to wear, or do, to prevent the ankle sprains.
    I do sincerely wish you the best.
    Homerun9089 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2005, 09:36 AM
    Thanks for the reply, and I think they do know about my ankle problems. I'm sure they see that I'm wearing an ankle brace, but who knows.

I've been to an orthopedic and a sports medicine doctor and he gave me and ankle brace so yes I have gotten help.

Thanks a lot for the reply.
    Air J Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Nov 24, 2005, 11:17 AM
    IMprove quickness may be th most important thing/Ball Handling if you're a PG. Maybe its because of your rebouning? Just improve evrtical jump too if you have the time.
    tashaboo102 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Nov 30, 2005, 03:05 PM
    :D :D Maybe you should work on teamwork skills get the other people involed coaches look for good players and leaders,try to be both. Hope I helped some. :D :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lying for sympathy, getting attention or just because? [ 19 Answers ]

I always make it seem like something is wrong when its not. Why do I do this, am I the only one? I'll even make up stories about my life or my past, things that don't make me look better but worse, or make my life worse. Why? I know I'm doing it but I still do it... in many different ways..? ...

View more questions Search