Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myfreezer Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Nov 14, 2007, 01:16 PM
    Upright freezer, a frost free, is freezing up
    We replaced the seal on it.
    Upright freezer works but although it's a frost free, it was freezing
    Up.
    Do Freezers run low on freon on is something else wrong? It is in the garage.
    Thanks
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 11:43 PM
    MYfreezer:::- First thing to do is to check to see if the door seal is fitting tight all the way around the door. What you are describing does not mean that it is low on freon. This is usually a indication of warm air from outside of the unit getting in past the door seal and causeing the frost build up. (one way to check the seal for sealing right is to put a doolar bill in door and pull out with door closed ( If dollar bill bill pulls out real easy seal is NOT sealing, Hot air will seap through, Another thing is to check to see if door is warped, not stright . Next take liquid soap and warm water and wash all around where seal meets the metal. AS for the freezer and freon , YES they use feron in freezers, refrig's air cond. centeral air and heat units .( BUT I do believe air is seeping through door seal some where around the door seal. GOOD luck ;; f.B.E.:::PS IF YOU mran freezing up other then building up frost on the inside of the freezer,( then, Yes it could possibly be low on freon.) to really I would have to be there to see, I'm going by what I believe you mrant on you question, and exper. :::::

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE side by side refrigerator; frost-free freezer freezes up causing fridge to warm [ 27 Answers ]

We have a GE frost-free side by side refrigerator with ice maker. It's 5 years old but for the past year+ we've been having problems with the freezer building up frost around the inside, and then the refrigerator doesn't get cold. I have to unplug everything, take the shelves out of the freezer...

Leaking Frost Free Hose Bib [ 1 Answers ]

I have a brand new house. If the frost free hose bib with anti-siphon is turned in the on position and either a sprinkler or sprinkler timer is installed, water drips out from the bottom of the valve stem. What would be the cause of this? I know that there is back pressure on the anti-siphon but...

Frost in back of sise by side freezer. [ 7 Answers ]

I just noticed that there is frost in the back of the freezer, in addition to what looks like frozen drops of water down the side odf the ice maker. The food boxes have frost built up ion them as well and I noticed the fudge bars are soft. Is it possible that the door was left ajar by one of the...

Upright Deep Freezer [ 2 Answers ]

I need to move a Deep freeze (Upright) about 100 miles. Can I lay it down? Or must it stay upright? Thanks

Maytag Upright Freezer Icing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag MQU2057AEW, that forms ice at the bottom every day and also puddle a little in front on the floor. Any idea what could be causing this?

View more questions Search