Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mighty joe young Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Alignment and refill problems
    The Elger touch up kit consisted of the toilet valve, plastic arm, chain, plastic control device
    Which is seated under the tank bolt on inside of toilet ,(Looks like a U), the tank bolts, and rubber ball which seats in opening after the flush to keep the water inside while the tank refills. I haven''t used anything other that the plastic unit which guides the rubber ball,(As this part had worn with age). It'' been a very long, and?? Day. Any ideas would be
    Appreciated.

Nov 15, 2007, 07:05 PM
    Information regarding toilet tank
    I have tried without luck in replacing the parts to my toilet tank. The tank is a 3.5 gallon
    Flush Elger Model. Made in 1963, the tank''s overflow pipe is part of the toilet built in.
    Unfortunately I am unable to get the model number. Is this tank still made? If yes, would
    You who I could contact. Thank you:
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2007, 08:17 PM
    That tank is not made any more and is not available for sale because of the 1.6 gallon per flush law. But if you need a tank of that make I would visit some of the plumbing shops that might have one that they have taken out recently.

On the other hand what is it you are looking for in the way of parts. Most parts made today will work in that tank and can be found at plumbing shops or on the internet.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2007, 08:25 PM
    Home depot carries the repair kit, it is called a 'touch flush' eljer repair kit. If I remember right that has a seat made of ceramic as an integral part of the tank and the flapper snaps onto a little white piece of plastic [that breaks easy] under one of the tank bolts.
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2007, 09:05 PM
    It is called an eljer 'touch flush'. I see where you replaced the white cradle, what is the problem?

Nov 16, 2007, 05:33 AM
    The attachment to the white cradle which controls the falling of the ball keeps detaching
    From the cradle. The ball will not itself fully into the hole unless pushed by hand:confused:
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 06:02 AM
    Is it clicked in all the way? Is the arm upside down? Is the ball is the right hole? Check these things

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet tank doesn't refill. No water in tank make it flush [ 17 Answers ]

My toilet was working properly before tonight. :p There was no slow leak sound; nothing. Now when the handle is pressed, nothing happens. I opened up the tank and found there was no water in the tank. :( I've been searching the Internet for answers, but haven't found any that address this...

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 engine stalled and hard start after stop for refill (occasion [ 2 Answers ]

• I live in Owatonna, MN and work in Bayport/Stillwater, MN (92 miles each way) • I have a 1999 Honda Accord EX, V6 Coup. I bought it new. • I put in about 255,000 miles already (I was driving 99%) and intend to keep driving it until 500K miles • I still love the car and it is still like brand...

Water will not refill/ ball will not align in toilet [ 7 Answers ]

I have an ancient toilet,(1963 Elger model), which will not fill, and the ball isn''t dropping Into the hole. I got an elger touch up kit but no luck. I have tried "Playing"" with the alignment for the ball drop, while the replacement parts don''t seem toi work. Time for a New toilet or what? I...

Air Conditioning Refill Port [ 3 Answers ]

Could anyone tell me exactly where the low side port of the air conditioning system is on a 1998 Lincoln Continental. I'd like to refill the unit myself.

Toilet bowl does not refill after flush [ 1 Answers ]

The toilet flushes OK, but the water level is real low in the bowl after the flush. What is the problem?

View more questions Search