TORCHY79 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 09:25 AM
    Wipe out vista hard drive
    Need to know how to wipe out hard drive that came with windows vista
    And put in xp home edition which I have the cd disc from my other laptop
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 14, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Boot to the XP CD, it will ask if you want to do a clean install, answer yes.

Make sure you have drivers for all your hardware first.

Nov 14, 2007, 10:02 AM
    Thank you, That Helped Me Out A lot,just Got That New Laptop With Vista In It And I Hate It. Did'nt Want To Screw Up My New Laptop.
    Thank You...
    askjuba Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Why did you hate it? Speed? Visually? Just want to know :)

Nov 19, 2007, 03:18 AM
    There's A lot Of Programs You Can't Use With Vista.
    Plus It Crashes A lot

Nov 19, 2007, 05:52 AM
    Strange I use vista every day and have cleaned so it would not crash, I really like it and all the clients I have cleaned vista are happy with it too, is your version in english?

Nov 19, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TORCHY79
    Theres Alot Of Programs You Can't Use With Vista.
    Plus It Crashes Alot
    Like what programs? Vista supports more hardware and software than any previous version of Windows.

Nov 19, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by askjuba
    Strange I use vista every day and have cleaned so it would not crash, I really like it and all the clients I have cleaned vista are happy with it too, is your version in english?
    I have english, what do you mean, that you cleaned it so it won't crash?
    My other laptop I have verizon wireless internet card and I try to jump on that with my acer with windows vista and I can't.
    But there's other peoples names come up to connect on there's but you need a code key.
    I can't understand why mine doesn't come up ?

Nov 19, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Like what programs? Vista supports more hardware and software than any previous version of Windows.
    I'm having a hard time connecting to msn hotmail,I have linsys wirelessg speed booster and I still can't connect to the internet.
    Don't know what I'm doing wrong, I've only been working on a computer for a couple of years now, so I don't know a lot about it.
    But with windows xp I never had this much trouble as I'm with windows vista,maybe you could tell me where to go to learn windows vista so it will be easier for me.

Nov 19, 2007, 11:21 AM
    I don't have a Vista laptop but Vista demos in stores have had no problem connecting to a router. Have you tried calling Linksys? They have excellent tech support. On my Vista desktop I have no problem using Hotmail or MSN messenger.

Nov 19, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    I don't have a Vista laptop but Vista demos in stores have had no problem connecting to a router. Have you tried calling Linksys? They have excellent tech support. On my Vista desktop I have no problem using Hotmail or MSN messenger.
    I have a wireless modem in both of my laptops, with my hp had no problem getting on the internet. But with my new one I' m haviv trouble, I can't even connect to my hp that has the verizon wireless internet card. But other peoples names comes up, but you need a code key to get on there's.
    So I can't understand why I can't jump on my own?

Nov 19, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Do you have a wireless modem or a wireless NIC, they are different. To connect to your wireless router you need a WiFi card. If you are using Verizon's Broadband service you cannot use that to connect to your router.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Did you enter the security key when you try to connect to your own network?

Nov 19, 2007, 12:24 PM
    i have english, what do you mean, that you cleaned it so it wont crash?
    my other laptop i have verizon wireless internet card and i try to jump on that with my acer with windows vista and i can't.
    but theres other peoples names come up to connect on theres but you need a code key.
    i can't understand why mine does'nt come up ?
    This for me means removing the antivirus that came with it and installing a copy of AVG, then removing the option of having the index to run, remove indexing on all the computer this is because I do not live searching my box all the time and when I want to search I can wait :).

The best way I have seen of jumping to another connection is disable the one you do not want and there on :).

Nov 19, 2007, 12:25 PM
    i have a wireless modem in both of my laptops, with my hp had no problem getting on the internet. but with my new one i' m haviv trouble, i can't even connect to my hp that has the verizon wireless internet card. but other peoples names comes up, but you need a code key to get on theres.
    so i can't understand why i can't jump on my own?
    What you need to do is put your connection at the top of the list so it will not jump from one wireless to another when available this is done in the connection settings of the wireless card.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by askjuba
    What you need to do is put your connection at the top of the list so it will not jump from one wireless to another when available this is done in the connection settings of the wireless card.
    That can't happen since a) Vista will remember the last wirelss network joined and will default to it unless told otherwise; and b) most networks with a key to join.

What we don't know is if the OP ever entered the WEP/WPA key on the new computer to allow that computer to access his network.

Apr 17, 2008, 09:14 PM
    Was out of this site.

If you have wireless phones with 2.4ghz they can be a headache with you wifi 2.4 connection, the chanels cross and then give you a bad connection.

I am here to help :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

Cd drive problems/hard drive [ 4 Answers ]

I'm using windows xp pro I've got a lite-on combo cd drive :E Basically I tried 2 fix my e drive because it wasn't reading cds (on dvds) and I think I put a virus on my computer When I tried 2 restart it came up with something like.. Windows cannot start up properly due to a recent...

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Vista lazy,hard to wake it up. [ 1 Answers ]

Intermittent problem. Upon returning to computer and moving the mouse, Vista will take forever to 'wake up' On occasion I've sat sliding the mouse for 2 to 4 minutes to wake it.

View more questions Search