Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gbwillner Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 09:15 AM
    RAID failure or worse?
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out...

I was running a AMD 3200+ with RAID 0 on two 150GB HDs IDE (with XP) for several years when I decided to upgrade. I bought and installed an AMD 4200 dual core. When I first ran the computer, windows loaded up kind of slowly, but it was installing all sorts of new drivers. When I restarted the computer, all sorts of programs had to be closed manually for some reason. When the system restarted, I got a red flashing "RAID failure". I rebooted and got the same message.
    I then shut everything down and unplugged and replugged in all the cables including the CPU. I ran BIOS and the RAID utility and there were no problems and the RAID setup was now "healthy". I tried to reload windows, but it froze as soon as it tried to load. Iput the old CPU back in, but had the same problem.
    I tried use the windows XP setup disk, but it also froze up on the "starting windows" phase. I though it may be due to the RAID drives, and I tried to install my RAID 64bit drivers, but it told me the files were corrupted...

What do I do? Is it time to delete the disks and try to start over?
    thematrix12 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Are you tryihng to install windows xp 64 bit? If not then 64 bit drivers, I don't think will work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Software RAID configuration is helpful compared to hardware RAID in any of the cases? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Software RAID configuration (Dynamic Disk) is helpful compared to hardware RAID in any of the cases? I haven't seen Software RAID until now. Just wanted to know the pros and cons regarding this. Thanks in advance, Vathsa

Enlarge a partition under RAID [ 9 Answers ]

Hello All Expert, I would like to repartition in my fileserver. It is because that the main partition "C" drive is not enough space to install new program. My fileserver has "C" and "D" drive, "C" install windows 2000 server and "D" keep all data. Moreover the Fileserver running under RAID 1...

Sata Raid [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Looking for a laymans explanation of SATA RAID and why it would be good to have in a Hi end DAW PC. Thanks Stu

Raid/sata150 [ 8 Answers ]

I need advice in regards to setting up RAID HDD configuration. I'm a gamer, only playing half-life, the machines primary use. Currently using a WD Raptor SATA/150 HDD. Will going to a RAID set up improve performance in this environment? Thx in advance. System profile: P4C 3.0 CPU Asus P4800...

View more questions Search