Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StrawberrryElephant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 10:31 PM
    Can I live with my mother's friends?
    My names Madison, I'm sixteen-years-old. I live with my maternal grandmother in Iowa, but I've been wanting to stay with my mom and step-dad. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to go about letting them know that.

And I was also wondering if my parents' friend, Bobbie, could be my legal guardian?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 10:34 PM
    I would just talk to them first and find out how they feel about giving up custody or maybe joint custody? At 16, they usually let you choose, honestly, unless the person you choose is considered unfit.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 10:35 PM
    I don't know if the court would allow you to have some random friend of your parents be your legal guardian though, unless there's a reason no one else closer to you can't be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother's cc debt [ 4 Answers ]

My Mother recently passed away leaving the house to me through a trust. She has approximately $3K in cc debt. Am I legally obligated to pay her cc debt? CD

Live with mom- want to live with dad across country [ 3 Answers ]

I live with my mom with my 3 siblings. She has full custody. My dad is getting married and moving to California. I want to go with him. He knows that and says its OK if my mom says its OK. If my mom says no, what happens? Do I go to court? Do I easily loose if I don't have a ligitiment reason to...

Mother's Day [ 5 Answers ]

Any suggestions on what to get my mother for mother's day? She already has mother's rings, grandmother rings, charms for the grandkids. She is just so picky I don't know what to get her. SHe is 47,if that helps. Thanks

Wife works and live in nj, I live and work in ny [ 1 Answers ]

Due to my job in nyc, I have to maintain a residence nyc. I rent not own a house in nyc. My wife lives in a house with our kids in nj and also works there. How do we file for taxes.:confused:

View more questions Search