Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joein610 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Bath Room Vanity Sink Broken Drain Extension
    I was wondering if anybody has a resolution to a broken Nut on a sink extension

From the wall is the drain extension is connected to the trap. The problem is the nut broke off. Now I can't slip a new nut over to connect to the trap because there is a solid ring from stopping me from replacing a new nut!

I was going to cut the drain extension shorter and try to get something going but there might be an easier way..

HELP!
    I will very grateful as plumbing is NOT my thing!

Diagram it is the
    http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/...ed-drain-2.jpg
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Ace hardware carries a replacement nut that disassembles. The nut is 2 halves with a clip that holds it together

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suspect of PVC drain Pipe leak in wall of bath room [ 14 Answers ]

Lately, there is water dripping sound in the wall of my bath room immediately after shower or toilet flushing or water sink used. After about 5-15 minutes, then the dripping sound stopped. I suspect there is a leak in PVC drain pipe or fitting in the wall. However, there is no sign of water...

Outgoing Drain Behind Vanity Cabinet Not Aligned with Sink Drain Tube in New Sinktop [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a new vanity cabinet and new marble vanity top, both slightly larger than the originals. The problem we've encountered is that the drainage pipe that will exit sink water from the sink to the house -- the PVC pipe in the house/wall -- is not aligned with the new location of the sink...

Vanity drain offset from pipes under sink [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a space-saver vanity where our old, larger vanity used to be. I failed to notice that the existing pipe is now not lined up with the new vanity drain. It's about 4"-6" from the top of the existing trap to the bottom of the new vanity and 4" off-center. Is there such a thing as a...

Bath room sink stub out [ 1 Answers ]

My bathroom sink drain stub out is 1 1/4" and my new drain pipe for the sink is 1 1/4" how do I connect them? Or do I change out the stub out to something different? Thanks, RD

View more questions Search