Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Getting supervised visits
    I am due with a baby in 2 days. Her dad left me about a month ago to fend for myself. And he says that when the paternity test says that the baby is his that he will take care of her. The everyother weekend and pay his child support. But I have a copy of his criminal record and it's not good. 5 DWI'S, 1 DUI, 6 driving after cancellations, a theft, and a 5th degree domestic. I really don't want him to have my baby on his own for awhile. I am afraid that he will try to drive with no licence with my daughter in the car and he has stated to me that he would like to drink again. Even though he's on parol until 2012. Do I have enough to make sure he doesn't get unsupervised visits?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2007, 08:08 PM
    Its hard to say what a judge will do, but you do have some grounds
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 05:51 AM
    Like Scott said, its possible.

But you have some time anyway. Leave it up to him to file for a DNA test, and go before the court. Before any of that is done he won't have visitation rights anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Supervised Visitation? Help! [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Maryland and my one-year old son's father has filed for joint legal custody. I am requesting sole custody with supervised visitation for him. He has destroyed property twice in my home (minor items but I have 2 police reports) plus left a bruise only ONE time when he grabbed my upper...

Single mother seeking supervised visits in NY State [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 26 year old single mother from upstate NY. My daughter is 4 months old, and her biological father (32 years old) left me when I was about 4 months pregnant. He has never spent more than a couple of hours with her. I am currently waiting a court appearance for custody and also I am...

Supervised Visitations [ 10 Answers ]

If supervised visitations are court ordered for 2 months so the non custodial and child can rebuild a relationship are set, but the location and times are difficult to ad hear to can other arrangements be made? For instance: Court order - Every Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 2pm at a park here...

Supervised Visitation [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I share joint guardianship (with another grandparent who hasn't been involved for 7 mths) of our two grandchildren. We located their father and have allowed him to have visits with them. Two weeks ago during their visit we were called by the children pleading to pick them up. Their...

View more questions Search