Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duhitsjess69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Itchy skin,red bumps
    I can't stop itching all over and when I do I get these red bumps and some get big with pus in them
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 13, 2007, 06:41 PM
    How old are you? Have you ever had chicken pox?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Cut all your nails very short. Then, scrub your body and hands vigorously with soap several times. Put on light cotton clothing covering your entire body, and don't scratch anywhere.

In several days, you should be healed.
    Expert

Nov 13, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    In several days, you should be healed.
    I'm not going to disagree with you. But how do you know this? How did you make a definitive diagnosis based on the limited amount of info given? This could really be a number of things.
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 06:49 PM
    You are correct, J-9. I assumed he didn't have a fever. Thanks for pointing that out.

With a fever, call the doctor immediately.
    Expert

Nov 13, 2007, 06:55 PM
    With a fever, call the doctor immediately.
    Again, I am not going to give you a reddie, but you don't know the OPs age, fever can sometimes be good, especially in children it can be VERY beneficial up to a certain temperature.

Choux, if you are going to answer medical questions you really need to have your facts straight.
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 06:59 PM
    If this is a child, he has a mother taking care of him.

If he is over 18, my advice is just fine. :)
    Expert

Nov 13, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Again it still depends on what the temperature is. Temps can be beneficial at any age. A temperature is our body's defenses working in force. When we have a temp we begin to develop an immunity to whatever is invading us. If a temp is suppressed to early, at ANY age, we fail to develop the immunity to the particular invader.

So, read up on your lymphocyte counts then tell me if you think your advice is just fine. I have been in school for 4 years now to learn all this. I think mine is just fine also, actually a little better.

Now, back to the OP...

How old are you? Have you ever had chickenpox?
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 07:31 PM
    First horses, then zebras...
    Expert

Nov 13, 2007, 07:31 PM
    First horses, then zebras.....
    This makes no sense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dry itchy skin/ blisters with white bumps [ 9 Answers ]

My skin is so dry and itchy and I get blister looking bumps with white heads but they are not pimples and it's all over my body, what is it? I sometimes scratch until it bleeds and then it's a open wound. What is it and what do I do to get relief?

Itchy red bumps [ 3 Answers ]

Have been suffering with red bumps all over that itch like hell. All lead to hives but all recommended measures of relief have no effect. Doctors can only prescribe antihistamines. None of them work. Wondering if it might be something else?

Itchy, irritated skin and a few small bumps entrance to vagina [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping someone can help me. I am making a Dr. appointment tomorrow to get checked out, but was checking to see if anyone would know what this is? I have painful and itchy-feeling urination, but the rest of the time I just itch like crazy all over the genital area with two bumps on the...

Itchy red skin on chihuahua [ 3 Answers ]

My chihuahua has a terrible time scratching, she is losing hair , her skin looks red and irritated and has developed some hot "itchy spots she scratches and makes a sore. I have tried changing her brands of food, Any ideas?? :confused:

Tiny itchy red bumps that dry up in a day or two [ 2 Answers ]

I have tiny red itchy bumps that pop up on my ankles, legs, back, stomach and pretty much that's it. They come up individually and also in clusters at times. They pop up suddenly, itch more at times than at other times and then dry up within a day or two. The bumps are about the size of a head of...

View more questions Search