Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynchdrew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 03:25 PM
    How do I become bonded in NYC
    I am starting a messenger service for the jewelry trade and need to be bonded. I would like to know how to go about it
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 13, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lynchdrew
    I am starting a messenger service for the jewelry trade and need to be bonded. I would like to know how to go about it
    Check with the City, see if they require a surety bond for messenger services. If they do not, then no bond can be purchased unless your customers require you to be "bonded". If so, ask them what they want the bond to guarantee, offer them. Then consult with an insurance agent that writes either surety or fidelity bonds or both. If they are worried about your or your employees dishonest acts, then neither will your general liability insurance nor their liability or fidelity insurance cover such acts. There is or may be limited coverage available under a special bond which is generally called a "third party fidelity bond" but it generally offers limited coverage in that your employees must be convicted in a court of law of dishonest acts that cause your customers a loss of their property.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting bonded [ 8 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon be bonded in the state of Arizona

How do I get bonded in nyc [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to how to get boned or do iI have to get bonded to start a business

Is it necessary to be bonded? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it really necessary to be bonded for a home care service business in Nevada?

Live in nj working in nyc own a 2nd home in nyc [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I recently moved to nj oct. 06. I continue to work in nyc as a teacher my husband a paramedic in brooklyn. We also own our prior home a 3 fam building in brooklyn, ny. Should we fill out taxes in nj and if we don't does that affect our property tax break(nj) or property tax Rebate(nj)?

How to become bonded? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys! THIS SITE IS GREAT!! What a time-saver!! I'm interested in starting a business that requires a service. I need to know how to become bonded?

View more questions Search