Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avel Posts: 199, Reputation: 0

Nov 23, 2005, 12:14 AM
    Hide icon tray..
    I want to hide tray icon of my open program so that other can't use it...
    I all ready try systrayx it good but demo version is now enddate, so I'm just trying to find if there is any tray icon hider available "FREE SOFTWARE" :D...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 23, 2005, 12:40 AM
    If you could let us know what operating system/program you are using it would help a lot.

XP already has this kind of functionality inbuilt.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2005, 08:29 AM
    Hide system tray
    Hi,
    As another already said, xp has the ability to do it.
    If you have 2000, or XP, here is a link explaining how to hide it:

http://windows.about.com/od/tipsarchive/l/bltip501.htm

If you have Win98/98SE, then please post back.
    Best of luck.

Nov 24, 2005, 03:38 AM
    Ok my system is XP, I know there is a builtin way to hide icon tray in XP, but I guess other people in our house know this too... so I need a private software to do the job (hiding icon tray)... :)

But thank to your advices... friends...

Nov 29, 2005, 10:11 PM
    Ok lets get in this friends... what if I say I want to make a program running but don't see its window or don't see its icon on tray... cause in winxp when you hide an icon you can still see it when you click the button near te clock I'm I right... what I want is remove an icon completely but the program is still running... any way to do this?.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Sound and ICON gone [ 3 Answers ]

I have done everything suggested to me and I still have NO SOUND. When I 'rolled back" as was suggested it took away my SoundMax2 and won't reinstall it, also my volume icon in the tray is gone I tried the sndvol132 no luck. I have restored to a new restore point. Bottom Line I cannot get...

Cat Not Using litter tray all the time [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a 12 year old Domestic Short haird Female cat who is desexed, she has lived out doors most of her life but now she is living indoors, its been a few months now, anyway I bought her a litter tray. I put the litter tray in the laundry and that is also where she eats but it is not right...

Windows me lan icon [ 1 Answers ]

How to display lan connection in system tray

Winxp program icon [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have encountered on several occasions when there is this '~' icon been created on my desktop for no reason. Usually it is created after I've run a few programs, which I can't pin point to. This particular shortcut/icon created does not d anything, at first I suspected it was created by a...

DOS CD Tray Closing Program [ 1 Answers ]

May 11, 2004 People, I'm running Windows 98SE and I use Ghost 2003 Extensivly to make updated Image files of my C Drive in case of a screw-up. I write Batch files to automate the process so I can do other things while the Image is made and

View more questions Search