Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kindj Posts: 253, Reputation: 105

Nov 13, 2007, 12:44 PM
    Does anyone here work in Tennessee?
    Specifically, I'm looking for info on the Knoxville area, but any info from any area would be appreciated.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 13, 2007, 07:15 PM
    We are in the Memphis area. Not Knoxville, but still in Tennessee. What's up?

Nov 14, 2007, 07:06 AM
    I currently teach in Texas, but am looking to make a move. Eastern Tennessee is where my eye is now, and was looking for info on the school systems there, if they're above/below average, good to work for or not, student achievement, pay, cost of living, etc.

BTW, I lived in Millington for about a year, and really enjoyed it. I did a lot of travelling from there, and that's where my love for the beauty and variety of Tenn. Comes from. Memphis is a GREAT town, but I'm looking for places a bit east of there, wanting more hills and trees and stuff. West Texas is tragically short on both.
    Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 12:40 PM
    Heck, I am just 12 miles north of Millington actually, it is flat and dry here in T-County. LOL

Have you checked the Knox County Schools website? Knox County Schools Human Resources

Here is the website for all of Tennessee Tennessee Department of Education - Public School District Office Web Sites List

Nov 14, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Most excellent! That's what I was looking for, I was just doing it wrong.

Many thanks!
    Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 12:47 PM
    Hey no problem. My mother-in-law works for the T-County School System so it was very easy to find.

Nov 14, 2007, 12:59 PM
    We are in some serious need of moisture around here, too--so I know what you mean.

Off topic, but I thought Memphis was in Shelby County?

Also, is Gonzales and Gertrude's Mexican restaurant still open? Or The Hungry Fisherman? Those were two favorites of mine, even though at G & G's they kept getting aggravated at me for ordering a big side bowl of jalepenos. You can take the boy out of Texas... :)
    Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 01:06 PM
    Yes, Memphis is in Shelby County, I am in Brighton. But people recognize Memphis more than they would Brighton, LOL.

The Hungry Fisherman is still open, but I don't think G&G is anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evicting an adult child in Tennessee [ 23 Answers ]

My son in 20 years old. He came home from college after getting kicked out for a GPA of under 1.0. He asked to come home for "3 weeks". This was May 4, 2006. The only room I had was my garage. I didn't want to make things too comfortable for him. He stays out half of the night drinking and...

Tennessee [ 2 Answers ]

We are planning a trip to Tennessee. Our three tentative travel points are: Gatlinburg, Knoxville and Nasville. Can you please tell me how long it is to drive from Gatlinburg to Knoxville and then from Knoxville to Nasville. Thank you very much. Darleen

Cost of Divorce in Tennessee [ 1 Answers ]

In consideration of my title here, does anyone have a clue what it costs for a mutual D in my state? My wife and I make about the same $... I don't know if that makes any difference. If the D is mutual, do the spouses get to set the terms of belongings and have the say whether allomony is not...

View more questions Search