Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KMC6296 Posts: 94, Reputation: 2

Nov 13, 2007, 10:47 AM
    Christmas gift for teacher
    I am room mom for my daughter's 3rd grade class. We have an awesome teacher and I really want to do a special project with my daughters class for X-Mas. I'm not sure what to do. I want to make sure every child participates and we do something that incorporates everyone. ANy suggestions?
    mahal_kita9 Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Nov 13, 2007, 11:00 AM
    This might not be the kind of thing you're looking for... but my mom did this when I was in second grade, and my friends still talk about it. She bought every kid in the class checker boards, then we had a big competition. It was so much fun. My mom taught the kids who didn't know how to play checkers how to play, and she bought special prizes for the kids who won. She also bought smaller prizes for everyone else. It was something easy and cute, and the class had a blast.
    Like I said, you might be looking for something different, but maybe that gave some kind of an idea. Hope you think of something good!
    jazzybaby Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KMC6296
    I am room mom for my daughter's 3rd grade class. We have an awesome teacher and I really want to do a special project with my daughters class for X-Mas. I'm not sure what to do. I want to make sure every child participates and we do something that incorporates everyone. ANy suggestions?
    Since it is a 3rd grade class, I think it would be really neat to have a christmas hunt that can take place in the classroom. You move the desks to the walls so there is room to move around. Hide pieces of wrapped candy in not to hard to find places and give the children a list. The list will give hints to where the candy may be. Whoever has the most candy will get a special treat such as a cookie. In the end every student will get a special treat.
    Bubbler Posts: 69, Reputation: 13

Nov 13, 2007, 11:05 AM
    You could maybe get them all to do some handmade craft items like Christmas decorations, or bake Christmas cookies.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 12:02 PM
    You could make a wreath with ornaments. You need a styrofoam base for the wreath, (available at craft stores or Wal-Mart); hot glue gun; ball ornaments of various sizes(Wal-Mart and K-Mart sell the kind that look like glass but are plastic); clear glass ornaments (or better if found in plastic, too) 1 for each student; puff paints and glitter (optional).

I have seen these wreaths in silver & gold motifs; blue and silver and mutlicolor.

Take the hangers out of the ornaments and discard. Give each child a clear ornament and a couple of colors of the paint. Squirt a couple of colors in the inside of the ornament and let them swirl them around as they wish. After they dry (don't go crazy with how much paint goes inside or it will take forever to dry) then the children can put their names on the outside with the puff paint and/or glitter.

Arrange the wreath with the plain ornaments and the children's. I recommend an adult do this since it will take the hot glue gun. We did this for a Cub Scout leader in Blue and Gold and it came out really nice.

Add ribbon or leave plain. They look nice either way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to be a teacher. [ 4 Answers ]

I have already gone to college for my first love theatre. I have been working in theatre for the last 5 years and as much as I have a passion for it I have decided it would be best for me to pursue another career. I have given in much thought and I thought the best way to do this was to teach what...

Your Top Christmas Carols & Christmas Songs [ 38 Answers ]

Ok it's that time of year when the holidays are around :) and I was just thinking what are people's top Carols or Chritmas songs that they like? Christmas songs for me would be The Pogues, Fairytale of New York ;) and my Christmas Carol would have to be Joy To The World :) ! Please feel...

Teacher needs help [ 7 Answers ]

Have a 10 year old student with the following characteristics: Volitle.. emotionally, not physically Mild to moderately paranoid Dislikes most people, yet is very sweet and clingy to me No social skills Immature Insecure Gets very loud and emotional Repeats phrases... I hate you... you...

View more questions Search