Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irisfreedman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 09:03 AM
    Letting blower on forced air heat run 24/7?
    Is it better to let the blower on a forced air natural gas furnace run 24/7 even when the heat has reached the correct temp? I heard if you continue to circulate the air you use less fuel. Does the electrictity use cancell the fuel savings?
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Nov 13, 2007, 04:44 PM
    There are 2 schools on this.

Having the motor shut off when the heat is off - Yes you will use less electricity but less whole house air circulation hence some rooms will be hotter and some rooms will be cooler. Depending on where your thermostat is located you may actually cycle the heat on more often then needed.

Having the motor on all the time - You will use a little more electricity but the rooms will all have a more even heat/cool with the constant air circulation. This may keep the heat from cycling on as frequently.

I personally keep mine on all of the time (even in the summer) but I have a multi floor home that is cooler upstairs in the winter. I do have a well insulated attic and new windows but the room to room temperature is better with the blower on all the time.
    irisfreedman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Comment on applsvcgirl's post
    Thanks, this was just the info I was looking for!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas forced air heater won't turn heat on [ 6 Answers ]

My honeywell thermostat electric, shows "filter" change light blinking and won't turn on the heater when turned up. The thermostat will 'click' when temp turned up and I can manually turn on the fan but no fire in the heater. The thermostat is 1 year old, filter changed

Second Floor not getting enough heat or air through Forced Air System [ 1 Answers ]

I recently switched from radiator heat to a forced air system. I am not getting a strong enough air flow to heat or cool the second floor. As a result I must keep my window air conditioners and now I must go buy electrical heat for the upstair bedrooms. Does anyone know how to fix this situation?

Forced air heat [ 2 Answers ]

We just bought this house. There are two heat sources, one for each floor. The unit in the attic is making a funny noise when it fires up. It sounds like coffee percolating or something whistling, along with the normal burn sound. I've never had forced air heat and, being in North Carolina, I don't...

Forced air heater no heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Day and Night (over 16 y/o) gas forced air heater that is blowing cool air only. The Model # is 8OU-19A or 8QU-19A. The igniter/pilot appears to be working fine & when the temp controls are raised the fan comes on but the main burners do not. Where do I start, even if the pilot seems...

Run blower without heat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a weather king propane furnace. I do not know the age. I have a simple dial thermostat. I would like to figure out how to run the blower without the heat. The wires from the thermo going into furnace have the three wires but the green is not connected to anything. The red is connected...

View more questions Search