Does blue cross cover chiropractig treatments
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 06:31 AM
    What state do you live in?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Plans may differ from state to state and even from company to company. Generally they are covered, but often for a limited number of treatments. But your best bet is simply asking them. You should have a toll free number to call for such info.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Well blue cross blue shield Michigan doesn't cover chiropractic treatments, I don't think, as they're not "necessary" or something, but yeah, you can call the insurance provider and ask them.

'Cause they didn't want to cover anything when I had that... stupid HMOs.

Oh, ear infection medication? That's cosmetic, pay yourself!

Sooo dumb.

{Responses merged-<> You can go back and use the Edit function if you want to add something instead of adding another post}
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Depends on your plan - you can ask your HR person where you work or you can call your BS/BS and ask. Mine covered chiropractic visits - 24 a year - and physical therapy - 12 a year.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2007, 01:50 PM
    It depends. Where I live there are some that do and some that do not.
    It is good to find a chiropractor that is also into nutrition and herbal remedies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary of a chiropractic therapy assistant [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently offered a position at a chiropractor's office. They told me I could take a 50 hour course and become a CTA. On average, how much money does a CTA make per hour?

Blue cross health insurance [ 4 Answers ]

I currently have health insurance through Sask. Blue Cross. The business where my wife works has just offered a health plan that covers employees and their spouses through Cooperators Insurance.This insurance covers everything that Blue Cross covers, i.e. dental, vision, etc. If I decide to quit...

Insurance to Cover Infertility Treatments [ 2 Answers ]

I need to find a health insurance that covers infertility treatments in WV. Please let me know. Thanks :)

Plants to cover concrete drain cover [ 1 Answers ]

Hi When I bought my house, no one had even raked the yard for years and I knew I had a lot of work ahead of me. Fortunately, I had been perennial gardening for some time. This was a new challenge, however, because the lot is heavily wooded, and the trees are old growth that were not cut when...

View more questions Search