Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Trane Propane Gas Furnace
    Hi Folks,

I have a Trane downflow horizonal gas furnace that was installed new in the spring of 2000. It has worked great until now. When the heat is turned on the furnace works fine and supplies heat. When the thermostat is satisifed it turns off. When heat is required again the thermostat clicks, after a few minutes the fan runs but no heat is generated. The fan will continue to run until the thermostat is turned off. If you wait about 30 minutes you can turn the thermostat back on and the cycle repeats. The vent fan runs the entire time the furnace attempts to heat. First, the filters have been changed along with a new thermostat.

Thanks for your assistance,

Coy
    hixton Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Nov 13, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Your flame sensor could be dirty clean with brillo pad
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 06:20 PM
    If the pressure switch is not closing your system will act that way. When you turn it off and back on you are resetting the control board. Check for a restricted vent, pressure switch tube or just a sticking pressure switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane Gas Furnace Problem [ 13 Answers ]

I recently experienced a problem with my heat. I have a programmable thermostat and noticed that the heat wasn't on when it was suppose to be. The temperature was set to 75 but the temperature in the room was only 68. I canceled the program and manually set the temperature again to 75. The heat...

Trane gas furnace only blow cold air [ 3 Answers ]

My 10 years old trane gas furnace would not blow out warm air, only cold air. I checked gas is on and electric switch is on. Every thing seems normal. It may be the ignition problem. How can I find out? Your help is greatly appreciated Bass

Gas furnace trane [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my name is gloria412 recently had 80,000 BTU install as well as a digital honeywell a/c and gas coming on at same time is themostate default

Trane direct vent gas furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a trane direct vent gas furnace/cooling system that has been making a very loud noise when it turns on coming from the side where the pilot flames are. Sounds like it comes from the air return vent. Heat works fine, just worried about the noise, if it's dangerous.

Trane Gas Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

The Gas furnace is running however there is no heat coming out from the furnace directly and the blower is not coming on. The heat is set to 68 however it is 64. There is no blockage in the vents. Why is this happening. We just had an ice storm but it seems like whenever it gets very cold outside...

View more questions Search