Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rastanxp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2005, 01:08 PM
    Thermostat and electrical baseboard wiring
    Hi,

I just installed 2 thermostat and 2 baseboards but none are heating... I wonder if my wiring is OK. I have 120 on both wires in the baseboard but no heat at all... here is a diagram of my wiring. The wiring in my baseboard is OK. On one side, I have 2 wires linked with a wirenut and on the other side, I have both wires connected and the ground as well...

What drives me crazy is whether I turn on or off the thermostat, I always have 120 volts on both wires in the baseboard but no heat...

Thanks in advance.

labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2005, 05:02 PM
    Do you have 240 volts across the 2 terminals of the heaters? You must feed the circuit from a double pole breaker that connects to both legs of the incoming power.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Nov 22, 2005, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rastanxp
    Hi,

I just installed 2 thermostat and 2 baseboards but none are heating... I wonder if my wiring is ok. I have 120 on both wires in the baseboard but no heat at all... here is a diagram of my wiring. The wiring in my baseboard is ok. On one side, I have 2 wires linked with a wirenut and on the other side, I have both wires connected and the ground as well...

What drives me crazy is wether I turn on or off the thermostat, I always have 120 volts on both wires in the baseboard but no heat...

Thanks in advance.

the breakers... are they fullsize breaker or half breaker.( measure between the 2 hot,, if it 0v it half breaker,, fullsize ~ 210v)... look back on this board , resently there is 1 post that have the solution to you problem
    xxabsz121 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 09:05 PM
    The information you guys gave is very important and enlightening ,just want to say thanks and keep up the good works up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baseboard heater wiring circuit [ 6 Answers ]

I just finished intaling a baseboard heater and I have a question that has been nagging me. The heater is on 240 circuit. So, I ran 12/2 and used the black and white to run my two hot wires as is common practice. Please excuse my ignorance on this matter, but this got me wondering. I have...

Electrical baseboard heater [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am installing two baseboard heaters in an additionn (two separate rooms). I will be running new wire and putting them on the same circuit. The heaters will be 48" 240V rated at 1000 Watts (4.2 amps). My qestions: -What size wire should I use (12/3, 10/3, etc.)? -What should the amp...

Electrical Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have a 20 amp circuit for my frig outlet in the basement. I would like to install a recessed 6" IC Halo fixture on this circuit. To do so, can I use a 14/2 gauge wire or should I use a 12/2 wire which is meant for the 20 amp circuit?

Wiring 220 baseboard heaters newbie [ 2 Answers ]

Hi . I am having probles setting up 2 baseboard heaters in my living room. I have the two of heaters connected and both wires going back to a thermostat box. Any help with how to connect the two heaters to a thermostat. I have a thermostat with a L1 and a t1 marked on them. I took it as L1 to main...

View more questions Search