Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thelucky13th Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C with split screen
    Hello,I have an eight month old Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C
    My sound is great. My picture is distorted. Seems it has a divided screen. With little movement of the actual picture. Colors are way off. And none of the controls work except for channel up and down work, but very slowly. What can I do to fix this.
    nhdzchick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thelucky13th
    Hello,I have an eight month old Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C
    My sound is great. My picture is distorted. Seems it has a divided screen. With little movement of the actual picture. Colors are way off. and none of the controls work except for channel up and down work, but very slowly. what can i do to fix this.
    I think I have the same problem with the same TV, HELP
    sun76052003 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2007, 07:16 AM
    The connections to LCD screen are losing or partially cut of. You cannot fix it but just need to replace the whole screen.
    sherleep Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Have u tried a vacum cleaner ?
    aymantn Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 02:43 PM
    This LCD repair guide can help you to solve your problem.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2012, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aymantn View Post
    This LCD repair guide can help you to solve your problem.
    First off, this question was posted in 2007.

Secondly, repairing caps on a Samsung SMPS is probably not going to fix what sounds like a main board problem (since picture is distorted and controls don't work). It's possible that the OP has a problem with caps, though doubtful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insects inside LCD Screen [ 4 Answers ]

Tiny corn lice have been able to enter into the LCD screen on my Samsung SyncMaster 171s computer screen. They are visible crawling around between the screen layers. Samsung so far are claiming this is not possible. They should have told the corn lice. I am very dissapointed with my 3month old...

Split picture screen on Emerson 20in LCD [ 1 Answers ]

Hello,I have an eight month old Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C My sound is great. My picture is distorted. Seems it has a divided screen. With little movement of the actual picture. Colors are way off. Please help. :rolleyes: :eek:

LCD screen problems [ 2 Answers ]

I wanted to ask about my LCD Westinghouse TV, but this is the closest topic I could find. :( My TV stopped working. I brought it to the "tv store" as I thought the warranty/service plan from the store would cover it. However, the person working there said that the black spots that were on the...

Hanging flat screen [ 1 Answers ]

How do I mount a flat screen TV on the wall? Best Buy, where I bought it says I have to buy special brachets which cost $250! That is crazy. Also, how do I clean up all the wiring so it doesn't look messy?

View more questions Search