Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    faithsnana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 07:01 PM
    What prep work is needed to change from oilbase paint to waterbase paint?
    Is there anything I need to do to prep my kitchen from oilbase paint to water base paint ?
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Nov 12, 2007, 07:06 PM
    When changing to laytex from oil you'll need to prime the walls and trim, with a laytex or oil primer, I doest matter which you use.

Laytex will stick to oil base primer but not oil paint, oil will stick to oil or laytex without primer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling paint [ 2 Answers ]

We have painted our kitchen ceiling many times. About 9 months after painting the ceiling, we can notice dark spots. The spots are where the nails are (THE SPOTS ARE NOT NAIL POPS). You can also see where the studs are at. How do we cover this once and for all? Will a darker ceiling paint...

Which Is Better Paint? [ 3 Answers ]

Which Is Better Paint Dunn Edwards Or Frazee In General Or Overall For Interior Painting?

To paint or not to paint [ 1 Answers ]

I will be moving into a new home here in the next few months and the basement will be not finished. I want to do a couple of rooms down there, so how do I prepare the floors, do I paint them with that green paint for basement concrete floors or do I prep it with plywood or paint and then place...

Interior Wall&Ceiling Paint ? - suggestions needed for repairs! [ 5 Answers ]

We recently had to do some remodeling in my living room to accommodate an electrical switch, overhead light, and 2 wall sconses. This included a contractor making several holes in my ceiling and walls and repairing the holes with drywall. The drywall looks great, however when he came back to...

How to Prep & Paint Cedar Shakes [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. We moved into our house last summer and need to paint it this year. It has cedar shakes which are in very good shape. Lots of peeling on everything other than the shakes though. Can anyone offer advice on how to prep and paint cedar shakes? For example, do I need to scrape, prime, then...

View more questions Search