Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    love is abby Posts: 114, Reputation: 2

Nov 12, 2007, 12:13 PM
    How's your pet dog?
    Tell me about your pet dog(s) tell me some stories or send some pictures!:)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2007, 04:59 PM
    IF Pit bulls are mean mine missed the boat! I call her Lovable.
    I tell people she is my attack dog---she attacks with kisses!
    Don't really have any stories.

Excerpts from a Dog's diary:

8:00 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!

9:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE!

9:40 am - OH BOY! A WALK! MY FAVORITE!

10:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE!

11:30 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!

12:00 noon - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE!

1:00 PM - OH BOY! THE YARD! MY FAVORITE!

1:30 PM - ooooooo. Bath. Bummer.

4:00 PM - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE!

5:00 PM - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!

5:30 PM - OH BOY! MOM! MY FAVORITE!

CAT DIARY

DAY 752 - My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from shredding the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant and cough it up on the carpeting.

DAY 761 - Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair... must try this on their bed (again).

DAY 762 - Slept all day so that I could annoy my captors with sleep depriving, incessant pleas for food at ungodly hours of the night.

DAY 765 - Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was... Hmmm. Not working according to plan...

DAY 768- I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo". What sick minds could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb still stuck between my teeth and the tiny bit of flesh under my claws.

DAY 771 - There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the foul odor of the glass tubes they call "beer." More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies". Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

DAY 774 - I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The Bird on the other hand has got to be an informant. He has mastered their frightful tongue (something akin to mole speak) and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time.
    Attached Images

FrOsT_bItE Posts: 125, Reputation: -2
    -

Nov 12, 2007, 06:10 PM
    My dogs name is Rex, but everyone calls him Sexy Rexy. I remember one time, I was out walking with him and I saw these guys from my school. I decided to be an idiot and started strutting around with my little sexy rexy. Unfortunately he hadn't been to the vet in a while and when I looked down at him he was on his butt, rubbing his bum against the road. That's how he walked from then on till the time we got back home. Lolz good timez :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 12, 2007, 06:23 PM
    <moved from Other Family & People to Dogs>
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2007, 08:49 PM
    But dogs are other family and people.

The only pet we have had in years is our 14 year old Lab, Aster. She is not your average pet. We met the family that was keeping her mother for a dog guide school in the summer of 1993. That fall my daughter and theirs schemed for us to get one of her puppies to raise to be a dog guide. It was a great year with several of the litter in the same state and making it to monthly meetings. The next fall, Aster went away to dog guide school and graduated the next spring. We were very surprised she was given to a lady that lived in the same county. So the three families all became friends and still visit regularly. This is very unusual, I do not know of another instance where the breeder, puppy raiser, and partner socialize regularly. Aster retired 4 years ago, and now lives with us as a pet. We all still visit regularly.

Her age is catching up to Aster, but she still enjoys a walk of a mile or 2 most days and occasional swims in the river or a housing development detention pond. She doesn't enjoy the new puppies we get every fall to raise for the dog guide school. They want to play, and Aster doesn't want their sharp little teeth in her old hide.

Once a dog retires as a service dog, they no longer have any access rights. We do still take Aster some places pets don't get to go. Last Saturday we took her to a meeting of a group that does fund raising and support work for dog guides. She is always welcome at local agency that provides services to the hearing and vision impaired. She often takes turns at fundraisers out in front of Wal-Mart. Depending what we are doing, sometimes she goes along to meetings with people raising puppies for the dog guide school. Aster always enjoys getting out around other people and dogs.

This was 3 years ago at her 11' th birthday party.

She is the yellow Lab on the left with her mother next to her. The largest black Lab is her replacement as a dog guide. The one in ''Seasonals'' is a younger half sister that also was dog guide breeding stock.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Well I have Lennox and Ava.

My husband and I rescued Lennox when he was puppy at a puppy ranch who took in litters to aviod them being put down.
    He was a sick little puppy, but we nursed him back to health, and now he is crazy! HAHA :) He is about 7-8 months old. He's is the kind of dog that doesn't realize he is smaller than most dogs lol :D Here he is trying to take Ava's leash and walk her! :)

My husband and I rescued Ava from a shelter last month. She is a beautiful chocolate color. When we were looking at her at the shelter, no one was sure if she was spayed (at the time Lennox wasn't neutered yet) so I wasn't sure I wanted to risk Lennox getting her pregnant. So we actually left... about halfway home we looked at each other and knew we had to go back and get her. And if you read in my posts, she may have gotten pregnant before we adopted her!! So she is at the vet today to find out! But she is great, very loving and chill... and usually just puts a paw on Lennox's head when he is climbing all over her trying to get her to play :)
    katieperez Posts: 236, Reputation: 35

Nov 13, 2007, 10:49 AM
    labman- I love that Aster got a birthday party! My husband thinks I'm weird for planning Abram's first b-day party in March. Guess I'm not alone :p

Ah there are too many stories of my 2 goofballs. Abram will be 8 months on the 25th & Brandy will be 7 months on Thurs. What can I say other than "puppyhood". But really though, we don't have any human babies yet so these dogs are the light of out lives.

Here's an assortment of pics. I especially like the one with the pink towel. That was the day Brandy got spayed and we laid the towel down for her to lay on in case her boo boo leaked. Well anything that remotely resembles a bed, my big ogre Abram snatches it! They're great pals though. They are always cuddling up to go to sleep together.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Yo how's my rap [ 5 Answers ]

Choras: You can't control the rap, The rap is the beat, Don't you see, I don't control the rap, The rap controls me, You can't control the rap, Its just to cool, Anyone who thinks there cooler, Is just a flipping fool,

How's to make a prints on a shirt? [ 1 Answers ]

Can any one gimme tips on how to make kick *** designs on clothes, like the prints they do on shirts for example like the englands style clothes you know the one color crest with the lions or the stamp faces. Wat kind of material do they use, how do they put it on. Basically how do you design and...

Urinating pet [ 2 Answers ]

My 2 year old lab mix is urinating while sleeping. She does not wake up during urination. What could be the problem?

View more questions Search