Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmeagaintoo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Whirlpool gas oven still smells for 10 minutes after lighting
    I have had my gas oven for almost three months. It still smells up the kitchen when preheating. It is so bad it gives me a headache and if I open the door, my eyes burn. We are on propane, is there a different regulator or setting on the regulator we need to look at? The service company Whirlpool uses in our area is no help, if you can even get them to come out. Help. Any suggestions are good ones. Thanks, Cheryl
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Nov 12, 2007, 06:56 PM
    If you are on propane and the stove is new an lp conversion kit needed to be installed at the time of the installation. From your description it sounds as if it wasn't.

Nov 13, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Hi, We did the lp conversion on the burners, is there one for the regulator or where the gas lines comes into the stove? If so, what is the part called? Cheryl
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 13, 2007, 02:19 PM
    When you did the conversion I assume you used the orifice kit that was screwed into the back of the stove in case you needed to convert. How many of those orifices where there in the kit, 5?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Your going to need an orfice kit for the burners and the OVEN. Propane is about twice as hot as natural gas per cubic foot. I think bb is on to something. You forgot the one for the oven.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 13, 2007, 02:32 PM
    KISS everyone I have installed came with the kit attached, pretty standard now. I think they skipped the oven after the 4 burners were done. Propane hotter than NG, actually I thought propane was 15% colder than NG. never really checked the numbers though.

Nov 13, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Thanks for these suggestions, I think we may get somewhere if you will all treat me as the dummy I am when it comes to this. In other words, very simple plain talk. We had a little card on the back with 4 points in it to replace the burner points. I assume I can order this other piece, an orifice? We just hooked the gas line from the wall into the regulator on the back of the stove. No one said anything about any modifying there. Cheryl
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2007, 05:05 PM
    What's the model # of the stove? Lots of info can usually be found on www3.sears.com.

Here is an example conversion:

Converting Ranges from Natural to L.P. Propane Gas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas smell from gas oven [ 0 Answers ]

I just replaced my range with a Maytag (Amana) gas range. A few times a day while walking past my range, especially in the morning, I smell a faint smell of gas. I recently had two different repairmen check on this but they found nothing. One repairman said the newer models have a safety valve...

Whirlpool top load washer agitates for 10 seconds and stops for 5 minutes and keeps [ 1 Answers ]

Whirlpool top load washer agitates for 10 seconds and stops for 5 minutes and keeps this mode till washing cycle is done. There is no problem with draining and spinning. Can someone give me some ideas? I am desperate!

Whirlpool Stove Convection Oven [ 1 Answers ]

The convection fan in my oven no longer shuts off when I open the door. Can I fix this myself (I am handy), or should I call a service person?

View more questions Search