Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angele123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 12:01 PM
    Dance Studios - more empahsis on dance or business
    I have a question regarding dance studios. I would like a sincere answer from someone who either owns or knows someone well who does own their own dance studio. It has been my experience that studios will put more emphasis on business rather than dance. The reason for this is I have seen good dancers that clearly have superior ability being placed in a back line or getting lesser parts, when there are dancers with less experience and ability placed in front lines of recitals, performances, etc. Now the superior dancer does not attend as many dance classes as the lesser dancer, but still has many years of experience. I am attributing this to the fact that a dance studio's first priority is business, (i.e. the almighty dollar) and second priority is dance.

I am sure this is common among all studios but would like another opinion on this.

Thanks.
    squeaks77 Posts: 113, Reputation: 19
    -

Feb 29, 2008, 01:55 PM
    I'm from a small town and have seen a few studios come and go. At least around here, more emphasis is placed on business because most of the studios are barely making even and some NEVER actually turn a profit. But I don't know about studios in larger cities that are self sustaining, but it might also be part of the "let everyone have a chance in front" friendly non competitive mentality. I also teach a dance class once a week at the local college, and it is really hard to turn a profit. I teach for the love of they dance, but I also have a regular 40 hr a week job!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to dance [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am only 12 but I would love to dance, its all I ever do. I go in for any dance chances I get like through school etc. But I want to dance so much I do disco and hiphop and things like that. How can I become a dancer before it gets too late.:(

The Dance [ 2 Answers ]

Please Guys AND Girls answer this question I need a lot of help in little time!! Okay our winter dance is coming up NEXT weekend. I know my friend will ask me to dance. I want to say yes, but I have a problem. I have no idea HOW to dance. Ive never danced with anyone before, so what...

DDR Dance Dance Revolution question [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question regarding DDR but first let me set the stage for my knowledge and expectations. First, I'm no gamer by ANY stretch of the imagination. I played Zork in College and once in a blue moon I'll play frogger. But if I'm interested in something I usually try not to let cost get in...

Which dance is The Dance [ 1 Answers ]

Who is the artist of the song "The Dance" sometimes people call it, Let the music play... The first line is, He tried pretending the dance is just a dance But I see, he's dancing his way back to me.

Dance [ 2 Answers ]

Which is the oldest dance we know?

View more questions Search