Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jordanh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 09:16 AM
    Home Schooling At 14 In The UK
    I'm 14 and I really hate school, I think its just the atmosphere I can't cope with. I've been looking over the internet and been reading about homeschooling. My mum and dad know I hate school and I kind of keep saying about homeschooling but they don't seem to take me seriously. I have two questions:

Can a teenager be home schooled at the age of 14?

And

Do you have to be home schooled by your parents or can you get a tutor/teacher?

Thanks
    Jordan
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Feb 21, 2008, 12:35 AM
    Firstly I think every teenager hates school I know I did and my 13 year old son does.
    What are your problems with school is there problems maybe you should speak with your parents and get thm to go into school and discuss what the problems are I am always in school with my son. Now we have things in place to help him and one teacher who is great whom he can go to to get help when needed for anything.
    But no it is not to late to be home schooled
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 07:10 AM
    Legal Status: Homeschooling is legal in England and Wales under the 1944 Education Act, which was consolidated in 1996. Section 7, Education Act 1996 states, "…[E]fficient full-time education, suitable to his age, ability and aptitude and to any special education needs he may have, either by regular attendance at school or otherwise." Under the "or otherwise" phrase in the law, families can legally homeschool.

There are no requirements to inform the authorities when one is home educating, unless the student was previously enrolled in the government school system. At that time, the parent must let the school official know they are withdrawing their student to home educate him. No other requirements for home education exist.

Number of Homeschoolers: Between 20,000 and 100,000 children.

With that said, one of your parents will have to be your homeschool teacher. You will still have classes, homework and lessons.

What is it about your school you don't like?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home schooling for autisic children. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, my name is rosey, I am a mother of an autisic 3 year old little boy. We currently live in northwest Indiana. I am considering home schooling my son, I was wondering if I can hear from some other parents of austisic children that are currently being home schooled. How early can they start?...

Home schooling [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to take my ged at home or find a school where I can receive my diploma I work during the day and have a child so I really can't afford to pay for it is there any on line programs that maybe is free, or does not cost too much.

Home schooling in the UK [ 2 Answers ]

Hi :o Does anyone have any information about home schooling in the UK. Does a parent need to be qualified to teach

Home Schooling [ 2 Answers ]

Can you create you, your own Home Study program ?

View more questions Search