Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vikingfyr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 10:50 PM
    Tub drain in concert is too low for new spa tub
    Greetings everyone,

I am installing a whirlpool tub and it appears that the drain is about 1/2 inch too low. The drain is set in concrete. Is there any type of extension that can be put on the drain?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ed
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 12, 2007, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingfyr
    Greetings everyone,

I am installing a whirlpool tub and it appears that the drain is about 1/2 inch too low. The drain is set in concrete. Is there any type of extension that can be put on the drain?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ed
    They make a compression extension pipe,(see image) that you may put on the raiser to bring it up to grade. You might have to cut the trap raiser back to install it. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow Tub Drain; Draining Sink Overflows Tub [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! I'm looking for advice about some bathroom plumbing issues. We live on the ground floor of a condo building that has a cement slab. The tub in our bathroom has an extremely slow drain (ankles submerged during a shower). We've tried to snake the tub drain both through the drain and by...

Moving a tub drain in a concert slab [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am looking at doing a bathroom remodel and my question is: I am Installing a new tub and the drain will not match up with the existing floor drain in the concrete slab floor, The house was built in 1978 and appears to have PVC pipe through out (not sure if this is true in the slab although I...

Items for Wiring 220v Spa/Hot Tub [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know what type of wire to use for wiring a 220v hot tub. The breaker box is in the house, the wire will come through a concrete wall.

Tub drain is an inch offset from old tub [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a new tub and the drain opening is an inch closer to the rear wall than the old tub. My problem is the PVC piping for the drain is also an inch off whereby the overflow/drain vertical pipe doesn't quite match up with the drain pipe. I bought an overflow/drain connection kit from Home...

View more questions Search