Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fordboi415 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 08:33 PM
    Default judgment ruling
    I had a default judgment filed against me for a vehicle that I totaled about two years ago and was repossessed,the value of the vehicle was roughly 11 thousand dollars and some change, do I have to worry about the plaintiff trying to take my truck that my parents bought for me to go from school and work as a result of this default judgment? How long before they take it, the judgment hearing was on oct 26 2007, I do not know the status of the hearing. I do own the truck that was bought for me and I also own a 35 year old vehicle as well, they are both in my name, would filing bankruptcy help? I live in southern California, any help would be greatly appreciated
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Is the truck in your name?
    fordboi415 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 07:58 PM
    Yes this truck is in my name
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2007, 08:04 PM
    If they obtained a judgement against you then they could attach any assets you own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can anything be done to stop a default judgment [ 6 Answers ]

I received a default judgment against my ex-boyfriend on 10/16/07. He still refuses to pay me he offered me $1000. And I refused because the judgment is for $3781. He has the money in his checking account, and he is employed by his buddy. He has done stated that he would quit his job, (he...

Collecting on a default judgment [ 11 Answers ]

My daughter won a default judgment against a company that made a machine she was injured using. She wants to know if the company can appeal and if not how does she go about collecting the money?

Default Judgment [ 8 Answers ]

In 1996 I bought my son a set of drums. I received financing for the drum set from a financial company. In 1997 I lost my job and could not make the payments and called the company to let them know I had lost my job and could not afford to may payment and that I was moving out of state and let...

How to respond to default judgment [ 12 Answers ]

How does one respond to a motion for a default judgment in a Michigan civil case? The letter from the lawyer says pursuant to MCR 2.602(B)(3), the judgment is submitted for signing if no written objections are filed within seven days. But I find in MCR 2.119 (D)(b): A proposed order is deemed...

Default judgment [ 2 Answers ]

I have lived in MA since 8/1998, previously having lived in NY. I just (10/2006) received notification of wage garnishment order (income execution) based on a default judgment for an old debt ($2611). The 'entry date' for the default judgment was July 2003, but this was the first I'd heard about...

View more questions Search