Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 07:19 AM
    X-rays are the most reliable. The dog guide school used ultra sound for a while, but is doing X-rays now.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by labman
    X-rays are the most reliable. The dog guide school used ultra sound for a while, but is doing X-rays now.
    Oh, well she got an X-ray yesterday at the vet... but the assistant said "well with our xray we could see 2 puppies for sure, but there could be more"... she said they didn't have some type of x-ray. I think she said they didn't have 3D x-ray?. possibly. But the way she said it, made me think there is a different viewing that can be done to tell exactly how many puppies there are :confused:

I just would like to know how many she is having, so when she goes into labor I will know how many to expect, thus not assume she is done, when there could be more.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Wow Mack congrats. So good to hear that you are keeping them. I was hoping that would be your decision, but I did not want to say that. In three weeks!! Lennox is going to go crazy with the noises behind the closed door!
    DogLover62 Posts: 34, Reputation: -1

Nov 20, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Well yes your best bet is to check at the vet if she is pregnant. And don't kill the puppies that is mean. Yes it will be hard. Especially if their inside. So if it helps make some kind of shelter area and little house, it will be easier for you. And once their old enough just sell the pups don't kill them.

DogLover62
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DogLover62
    Well yes your best bet is to check at the vet if she is pregnat. and dont kill the puppies that is mean. Yes it will be hard. especially if their inside. So if it helps make some kind of shelter area and little house, it will be easier for you. and once their old enough just sell the pups dont kill them.

DogLover62
    Thanks for the advice... but make sure you read all the posts before answering... already went to the vet, yes she is pregnant, and yes I'm keeping the litter ;)
    DogLover62 Posts: 34, Reputation: -1

Nov 20, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Yeah I figured out all that after I sent it lol. Have fun with the pups. Lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can my dog be pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old collie cross and have just caught her and a 7 month old rottweiler dog mating,she's a week into her season.Can she get pregnant?as she is quite old and the rottie is only 7 months.

Pregnant Dog [ 34 Answers ]

Hi! My shnauzer dog was in heat a couple months ago, and was outside when another shnauzer just showed up in our yard and they started well, going at it haha. Meanwhile, she's pregnant, and today is her 62nd day . Technically, she should give birth tomorrow, but I won't be home all day. She's...

How do I tell if my dog is pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: how do I know if my losa opso is pregnant but has not been I heat in a wile she is getting fat and smells rely bad:confused:

How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 miniature daschunds, my female was on heat and finished about 3wks ago now. We were trying to mate them, but every time I tried to help she would go shy and just want me. They were together all other times through her heat. So we don't know if he got to her or not it was both their...

Pregnant dog [ 1 Answers ]

How can I tell when my daschund is pregnant? For the last week she has been whining and seems to be uncomfortable but she doesn't seem to be gaining a lot of weight??

View more questions Search