Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cathy4759 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Email Marketing Software
    Can anyone recommend email marketing software for a small business? I'd like to send email blasts to my customer base.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Nov 12, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Here's a site that compares the top ten commercial email marketing software and provides reviews of each:

Email Marketing Software Review 2008

Depending on volume, it may be cheaper to use an online email marketing service; here's a review of the top ten from the same site:

Email Marketing Services Review 2008

There are open source (free) options available, but the installation can be difficult in some cases:

Open Source Email Marketing Tools

Bear in mind that all these sites are providing their opinion, you might find other reviews that provide other options or rate the tools listed differently.

Vasily
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 12, 2007, 07:41 AM
    Why do you need any special software? Just create a group within your E-mail client and mail to the group.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Nov 12, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Why do you need any special software? Just create a group within your E-mail client and mail to the group.
    Scheduling features, information hiding, reports, conversion tracking, click-through tracking, targeting by demographics,.

That is, software and services provide functionality that is either missing from many email clients or clumsy to implement. Whether this is worth the price of admission to the user depends on the user's abilities and needs.

Vasily
    shellyki Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jan 13, 2008, 07:40 PM
    The best way to do email marketing is to build your own newsletter list. Once you have started building this list use a whitelist email server to send out your newsletters. If you try sending out a large amount of emails even if they are bonafide newsletter sign-ups from your site - your hosting service will potentially block you and as well will many email places block your IP or emails.

Here's a few email servers/senders: (these are just a very quick few and they range in cost)

Aweber
    Constant contact
    Emaillabs

Here is a good article on getting whitelisted
    How to Get on a Whitelist

If you want more info please email me and I am happy to advise
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 08:39 PM
    There are some client management programs like ACT ( not sure the most current version, I am at version 6.

But it has some auto features that allow you to automatically send out emails to cleints in your data base.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Email Our troops and be email pen pals [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know how we can email our women and men serving our country. I think it would be great to have overseas pen pals. To be able to talk to them, and let them know we support them . And give the other people to talk to state side.

Email marketing [ 2 Answers ]

I am in marketing, but know little about internet marketing. Our firm has a list of 75,000,000 double opt-in names we would like to market our product to. Our tech people want to use an offshore server and send the ads through a US based mail server and then to the email address. This company says...

Marketing [ 1 Answers ]

What are the 4 p's of marketing?

View more questions Search