Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eureka76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 07:21 PM
    All right. Need a pick me up . Maybe you could offer some good news?
    Hi Anyone and Everyone,

Tomorrow marks 2 years that I've had nothing but bum luck. Multiple deaths, relationship trouble and major career maladies. It's been one thing after another - every time it looks like things are going to get better - it doesn't and I end up feeling like I'm ten steps further behind. Always the type to look at the glass half full - I'm finding it hard to keep an upbeat outlook.. any one see a turn of the tide in my future?

Female, gemini.

sterssters Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2007, 08:42 PM
    [QUOTE=eureka76]Hi Anyone and Everyone,

Tomorrow marks 2 years that I've had nothing but bum luck. Multiple deaths, relationship trouble and major career maladies. It's been one thing after another - every time it looks like things are going to get better - it doesn't and I end up feeling like I'm ten steps further behind. Always the type to look at the glass half full - I'm finding it hard to keep an upbeat outlook.. any one see a turn of the tide in my future?

Female, gemini.

Thanks :)[/We all go through rough patches in our life. I will let you know a little about me so you will know where I am coming from. The only stability I ever had in my life was my Father and lost him at 17. I got involved with a not so good guy soon after, dropped out of College and had two children with him. Of course he left. I worked 2 full time jobs, went to college again and stupidly took him back. I have gotten in a near fatal car accident and was sent home to die with 5 fractured vertebrae because I did not have insurance. Over ten years I had 81 documented strokes TIA's and 1 major that the docs just kept on telling me were migraines but I knew diff. I have bled to death, died on aspirin. In 2003, my ex got custody of my children because the doctors thought I was a nut and making up the symptoms. One day a storm named Katrina was heading my way so I got to my sisters home near Chicago with a suitcase and family photos. I lost all other material things. That did not matter. My sister had a neighbor that just also happened to be a surgeon and fell in love with me the minute he met me. I lost 6 friends to drowning and starvation, my priest, 4 to suicide and 5 to murder since the storm. I came back with this surgeon, Roy which is now my fiancé, to help the people in my community. I went through many nightmares and other emotional issues. Well eventually we had to go back to Chicago because funds were running low. Roy decided to get his Louisiana medical license, put his home up for sale, ask me to marry him and get a job in the New Orleans area. Right when we got here I had collapsed. All he did was put a stethescope up to my neck and found I had a serious blockage in my left carotid. Before I knew it, I was one of the youngest victims in US history to survive an emergency carotidendarterectomy (The blockage was due to scar tissue build up from the fractured vertebrae the doctors said I didn't have) and live to tell my story, after that I became paralyzed due to my lower back and was back in the hospital again getting an emergency discectomy. I went into severe depression. I even went to jail because of the pain meds I was on. I was lashing out at everyone and hating the world and saying why me. Now this is where you need to listen. I looked in the mirror one day and said you are a wreck. I remembered my grandmother saying, "Sterling God has something special planned for you because of all of the obstacles you have hurdled". I knew I had to do something different with my life. I laid in bed for a month going through drug withdrawals. I walked out of my house after the withdrawals were gone and became a medical advocate for people who do not get proper healthcare in the United States. Since then my life has made a wonderful turn for the better. I still need five more surgeries but they are nothing compared to the other ones. I also volunteer for the MS foundation. I work out of my home doing eBay and airbrush tanning. You see, sometimes when life is throwing us crap, life is telling us that we need to change and find what is in our hearts. I hope I have helped you. Always remember, when you think you have it bad, there is always someone out there that has it worse. I feel that life will get better for you soon. It is a test of your streangth and presevearance. Take care,
    Sterling]
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 10:25 PM
    If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.
    I think this coming year should be better for all us who have been through too much valleys and dry places. We have to work hard and preserver TOWARD it to make it really work.
    infoguy Posts: 108, Reputation: 8

Jul 14, 2011, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.
    I think this coming year should be better for all us who have been through too much valleys and dry places. We have to work hard and preserver TOWARD it to make it really work.
    Your opening sentence mirrors my old way of thinking, which was not at all helpful in my own life. When I went around saying such things, everyone and everything seemed to work against me, big time! So, from one who has been there and done that (for decades), may I suggest you try an experiment? It won't cost you much at all, but the results could be life-changing! Write down a list of two to five things you want to change within a month. Start small, so your inner mind (subconscience) won't reject everything outright. It might be to wake up to a clean kitchen every day, (or on one particular day of the week, at the very start). Perhaps you might hang up all the clothes immediately after laundering them. It might be to vacuum out your vehicle on a specific schedule, such as once or twice a week. Choose minor things at first, meaning things that you really don't think could matter very much. Stick with it for a full month, using a chart or checklist! Scientific studies have demonstrated that it takes 21 days to form -- or break -- any habit. The result will be, you will start to feel better about yourself. After a month of unwavering dedication to your intentional changes in life, you could be a different person. The second month, make a few more changes (still at little or no cost), such as rearranging the furniture in a particular room. Maybe change curtains or a rug in a room you frequently use. You will be forming good habits of consistency which will give yourself image a huge boost. After you have stuck with it for a full sixty days, look back with a critical eye and see how much you have improved your life!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi! Could you pl.let me know which are the good universities in you.s. Which offer m.s [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Could you pl.let me know which are the good universities in u.s. which offer m.s. in molecular biology and biochemistry as well biotechnology?

Good news from Iraq [ 11 Answers ]

Good news from Iraq where President and others in the administration have determined that recently even the Sunni tribes have cooperated with U.S. forces to drive out insurgent groups such as al-Qaeda in Iraq. And the even better good news is that if progress continues some troops will soon be...

Good news or bad news are these doctors of their rocker? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, well I went to the doctor today concerning my miscarriage last week. Some of you may have read my post about having discharge and why the bleeding stopped (after only 3-4 days), well it turns out I am one of those women who can pass everything in 4 days. I have had an ultrasound...

Universities which offer good stifund for biotechnology [ 1 Answers ]

SIR, I am k.praneeth. I want to the names of universities which give good stifund and teaching in the field of biotechnology... I want the information regarding Ms in biotechnology. Waiting for your reply... Thanks

View more questions Search