Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Felician1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 06:40 PM
    How do you get water from a shallow well when pump will not suck water.
    I have sunk a shallow well, (it does have water). I purchased a new pump. The pump does not suck water. I have primed the pump several times it does not want to suck water from the well. What do I need to do to obtain water.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 11, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Desribe the type of pump you purchased and how deep is the well?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 07:47 PM
    If you have the tiniest leak on the intake side, it won't pump.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Bear in mind that a true shallow well pump can only lift water from depths less than about 25 feet. To go deeper than that requires more equipment. See this web site for a pretty good explanation.

Well Pumps- Keidel Bath and Plumbing - Cincinnati, OH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Increase Hot Water Pressure w/Water pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Would a Watts Premier Hot Water Recirculation Pump (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11026121&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=&s=1) (or any other brand name) help to increase hot water pressure if you install it directly to the hot water output pipe and then turn it on ONLY while taking a...

Do I need a Shallow well pump ? [ 9 Answers ]

:cool: Hi, I just bought a cabin that has a spring on the property up above the house at an entry elevation that is maybe 7-10' above the roof line. My spring flows into a shallow holding well then flows through 1" sprinkler line (Black plastic hose) The water must flow constantly because...

New shallow pump-no water [ 3 Answers ]

Have 30 year old home with approx 30 year old 25' well.well not used for 3-4 years.installed new 1/2 hp pump with no tank.prime to top of plumbing,close valve and start pump.builds enough pressure to blow out primed fill but then stops pumping.how do I check for air.once empty can feel plenty of...

Water Pump [ 2 Answers ]

My problem is this: my water pump goes on within 30 seconds of running water. As soon as I turn the water off the pump stops. The pressure on the gauge is normal. I know when the pump goes on because there seems to me a minor drop in the stream of water coming out of the facet. The pressure is...

AC Water Pump not sending water through tubing [ 1 Answers ]

My house is a ranch house with no basement. We have a forced air/central air conditioning system. There is a pump that is suppose to pump the water through a plastic tubing in to our laundry tub. The water does have to go up to the ceiling of the room and across a wall and then down into our...

View more questions Search