Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mom_of_3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 02:54 PM
    Cousin very late and negative pregnancy test ?
    Hi I'm asking a question to help my cousin she had her last period on Sept 16 2007 and still no period and about 5 pregnancy test negative including one blood test on November 1. Now the thing his the only time something happened was the 21 oct 2007 when the condom broke so idont know if someone has ever experienced something like this or if someone knows somebody that as been trough this I would really appreciate the help so that I could help her thanks in advance!! :)
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2007, 04:11 PM
    It may be possible that her levels of HCG aren't high enough to register on a pregnancy test (urine or blood). I would wait until she is due in November... if no period, test again.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Its not uncommon to be late, or even miss a cycle now and then. I have personally been two months late before, for seemingly no reason. I wasn't pregnant, and started right back up on schedule after that. It could be so many things that are causing her period to be late. Pregnancy, stress, lifestyle changes, diet changes, medication, any physical or emotional changes or upsets, and many more things. She could just be late, she could need help getting her cycle jump started again, or she could be pregnant, and her hormone levels just aren't high enough to register on a test. Blood tests are more accurate then hpts, however, they are not without error. It is possible to be pregnant still after taking a qualatative blood test, as this test still only gives a negative or positive read out. If her levels aren't high enough, she will still get a negative result, even if she is pregnant. If she does not start her period this month, she needs to go see her doctor. They will give her an hpt. If that is still negative, they may send her in to get a qualatative blood test, which measures the exact amount of hcg in her system. If there is reason to believe that she may be pregnant from the amount of hcg in her system, they will retest within a few days, to see if the numbers are doubling as they should in a normal pregnancy. Until she misses her second period however, there isn't much you can do but sit and play the waiting game. Good luck to her.
    mom_of_3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 06:41 AM
    Thank you very much guys for answering my question she is testing again this morning (hpt) if that is still negative she is going to see her doc so I will keep you posted thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 faint positive pregnant.test 2 negative -am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I have taken 5 pregnancy test 3 (were pos.)of which are the same brand and the other two are the same. I had actually thrown the positive ones in the trash before they turned positive. They are faint lines but noticeable. I had one day of brown discharge the day before I expected my period which...

Negative. Pregnant test [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, So when I was 5 days late I took a home pregnancy test and it was false so I decided to wait a few days and on the 9th day I was late I took a Blood pregnancy test but it came out negative too. Im really sad because I thought I was pregnant. Its now Monday and I am 12 days late. I don't know...

Negative pregnant test [ 1 Answers ]

I was using the nuva ring and had my period April 17. I took it out because it was making me nausous. I had another period may 1-4. my husband and I had intercourse may5. I had very light spotting 7 days later, three days after that and 5 days after that. The 3rd weekend of may I went to urgant...

My pregnant. Test was negative. BUT. [ 1 Answers ]

Okayy so I was suppose to start my period two days ago annnd I haven't I took two pregnant. Test they came up negative. Sooo I am confused what does this mean?? Please helllp!

11 days late, 2 negative. Pregnant. Tests! [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Help! I'm so confused! I am 11 days late, and have had 2 pregnancy tests, which both came out Negative. I have light cramping (which I had with my daughter) I have light vag. Discharge Moody as ever, Just no period, and a negative test. Is is still possible? Anyone else...

View more questions Search