Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ricardo erazo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 02:39 PM
    No heat dryer
    OK, I've read just about every page on the internet regarding the no heat dryer but have found that nothing of that applies to my case. My dryer is a whirlpool leq8000hq1, I opened it up and found that the thermal fuse was busted and replaced it, but still no heat so I checked the heating element, which was also broken, and replaced it, but still no heat I checked continuity on the thermostats and they did have continuity, so what should I do now?
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Nov 13, 2007, 05:01 AM
    Did you check the one at the top of the heating element housing? You are removing the wires from the thermostats when you test for continuity aren't you? Did you check your breaker/fuse box to the house? A dryer will run on 110 but won't heat without 220. Did you verify with your meter that you have 220 at the receptacle and where the cord attaches to the termonal block at the back of the dryer? Did you make sure no one has inadvertently set the dryer to a no heat or fluff cycle either on the switch or the timer? Double check these things first and let me know. (Sometimes people will just tell me they have and I will wind up with a bad diagnosis for them, please please, please actually do it again even if you have already done it just to be sure)
    ricardo erazo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 08:00 AM
    Thanks appsvcgirl. One of my thermostats was busted, I'm off to replace it.
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Nov 21, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Another appliance repaired!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dryer will not heat up [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell by looking at the heating element weather its bad or not? Or do you need to test it somehow?

Dryer won't heat up [ 3 Answers ]

Our gas dryer has suddenly stopped heating up when I turn it on. Everything seems OK but there is no heat an dno drying going on. Any ideas?

Dryer without heat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore dryer, which I used yesterday to do some laundry, and it worked fine. This morning I wake up to finish the laundry. And the dryer is not heating up at all. It turns on and spins the clothes, but its been on for over an hour and everything inside is cold and wet. The model # is...

Dryer does not have any heat [ 7 Answers ]

What happens when my dryer has no heat?

Dryer won't heat [ 2 Answers ]

We have replaced all heating elements, fuses, thermostats, etc... We have checked all wiring with the relay switch and still only blows cold air. We have the Kenmore 80 series. Can someone please help us?:(

View more questions Search