Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Narlo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Child abandonment
    My son's mother keep filing abandonment everyother month. I'm married and haven't been with her in seven years. If I skip one month of payment does that constitute abandonment every time. Even if I told them I can't afford what they're asking.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Skipping a payment here or there would not constitute abandonment. Never paying at all would.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Is she actually filing abandonment charges or just reporting your nonpayment?

I would think the courts would inform her the lawful reasons to file abandonment.

But she is entitled to report nonpayment. Your child support amount was based on a simple formula with the 2 factors being your income and hers. They do not take your entire paycheck, so you can afford it... but you may need to give up other things your money goes for. The child needs to come first.
    Narlo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 04:55 PM
    They keep letting her file abandonment and I haven't been with her in seven years.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Well I would go to the court house and get a print out of the requirements to legally file abandonment and take them with you to the next court hearing.

Show the judge and ask why she is allowed to continually waste yours and the courts time with these false allegations.
    godiva Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

Nov 11, 2007, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Narlo
    My son's mother keep filing abandonment everyother month. I'm married and haven't been with her in seven years. If i skip one month of payment does that constitute abandonment every time. Even if i told them i can't afford what they're asking.
    The courts will eventually catch on to her nonsense, Hang in there
    IAMjjSADVOCATE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2011, 07:33 PM
    Just pay your support and see your kids, so tired of the crap. No one ever complains when there making them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Abandonment [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter's father is in prison and has been for almost 18 months, and I was wondering if since he was in prison would that be child abandonment?

Child abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

My father abandon my 4 brothers they are staying with my husband and I need to put them in school what do I do

Child Abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have a qustion about child abandonment. My son's biological father hasn't seen his son since 9mons of age, my son is now 3yrs old. He does pay child support, not enough in my opinion. I haven't seen him (son's father) since our last court date which was Feb. 05'. I have met a wonderful man...

Child abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, We are having to relocate to a different state due to being laid off from work. I have a 17 year old son who is from a different father that refuses to go with us. We have 8 months until he turns 18. I am recognized on the birth certificate as his father though we have DNA proof that the...

View more questions Search