Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2006, 12:07 PM
    The only unpardonable sin is not accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and Lord, by the time you die.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2006, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by txgreasemonkey
    The only unpardonable sin is not accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and Lord.
    How is that unpardonable... If I don't accept Him today but then I do tomorrow, it has been pardoned, right?
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2006, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    How is that unpardonable.... If I dont accept Him today but then I do tomorrow, it has been pardoned, right?
    YES great point, DrJizzle... I always unpardonable meant that it could NEVER be forgiven.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2006, 01:29 PM
    Yeah, well the idea of the unforgivable sin is that once it has been done, it is eternally unforgivable.

I don't think the original poster meant things God or Jesus doesn't approve of :cool:

Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    How is that unpardonable.... If I dont accept Him today but then I do tomorrow, it has been pardoned, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by txgreasemonkey
    txgreasemonkey agrees: Yes.
    txgreasemonkey, you seem to be a Man of Christ. What do you think the "unforgivable sin" is? We are looking for that which, once committed, it will not be forgiven, regardless of repentance.
    scrappy86 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2010, 11:52 AM
    I'm seeing a lot of opinions, it's important to look at context. Christ gives two very specific examples of what blasphamy against the holy ghost really is. When he is accused of casting out demons by the power of the prince of demons (satin), he says, "can a house stand that's devided against itself, truely I say not. All sin shall pass away, but blasphamy against the holy ghost shall not pass away but is a mark on your eternal saul." now think about this, he is saying that if he indeed were cansting out demons by the prince of demons, he would be committing blasphamy against the holy ghost. This does not co-inside with the idea that it is rejecting Christ. Later, at the last super,when he tells his deciples that one of them will betray him, he again refers to this, and says, "All sin shall pass away, but whow to him who betrays the son of man, it would be profitably to him if he had not been born. If all other sin is forgiven, then this must also be blasphamy against the holy ghost. Both examples intail secret betrail, with intention of working against God. A traitor in the midst, if you will. Both examples can be found in mathew and mark.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Sep 26, 2010, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappy86 View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of opinions, it's important to look at context. Christ gives two very specific examples of what blasphamy against the holy ghost really is. When he is accused of casting out demons by the power of the prince of demons (satin), he says, "can a house stand that's devided against itself, truely I say not. All sin shall pass away, but blasphamy against the holy ghost shall not pass away but is a mark on your eternal saul." now think about this, he is saying that if he indeed were cansting out demons by the prince of demons, he would be commiting blasphamy against the holy ghost. this does not co-inside with the idea that it is rejecting Christ. Later, at the last super,when he tells his deciples that one of them will betray him, he again refers to this, and says, "All sin shall pass away, but whow to him who betrays the son of man, it would be profitably to him if he had not been born. If all other sin is forgiven, then this must also be blasphamy against the holy ghost. Both examples intail secret betrail, with intention of working against God. A traitor in the midst, if you will. both examples can be found in mathew and mark.
    It is important to look at dates also.
    You summoned up a thread with no activity four 4 years.
    But that is forgivable , once or twice.
    BelieveInLove78 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

May 10, 2011, 02:58 PM
    I believe that there is no unforgivable sin. Denying the holy spirit is not an unforgiable sin. God loves you no matter what you do. If you deny him he will forgive you and offer help. Jesus ALWAYS forgives no matter what we do. If you deny help that's your loss and you will not see him in heaven. Jesus ALWAYS forgives us he does not hold a grudge. (ps I'm a 10 year old.)

May 10, 2011, 03:03 PM
    Comment on BelieveInLove78's post
    Never mind. I asked my mom about it and she said the one unforgivable sin is denying jesus.

May 12, 2011, 02:59 PM
    the only unforgivable sin is denying jesus christ as your savior

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search