Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    350driver Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Credit after short sale
    Ok does anyone know how badly a short sale will afect a credit score.My wife and I are trying to sell or home with not much luck,so we are considering a short sale option.I have a pretty decesent credit score of 670 and hers has been droping because we have just about everything in her credit name so to speak.Last we checked it was 610,if we were to do this short sale would my credit be affected seeing how I am not on the house papers.If we could do this and have my credit still be strong and hers take a bump it would free us up considerably.We canot continue to live with are current mortgage situation we need to get out and the short salr is looking more and more tempting. Also if the short sale doesnot affect my credit would we be able to get another loan for a smaller more modest house.

HELP!!
    RICKYLANDRY Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Feb 16, 2008, 07:33 PM
    :) No A Short Sale Will Not Hurt Your Credit At All But If The Property Is Foreclosed On It WILLAffect YouR Credit For Seven To Ten Yrs. Unless You GET Someone TO Repair Your Credit The Mortgage Will Show Up As PaID In Full
    IF YOU GO WITH A SHORT SALE
    But If You Are Not On The Mortgage It Will Not Affect You At All BUT IF YOU ARE Then You Have A Problem But If You Are Not On The Mortgage AND Your Wife Added You On As A Authorized User On One Of Her Accounts Then All Her Pass
    Credit Now Comes On Your Credit As well So If She Owned The House But She Added You On One Of Her Credit Accounts And The House Gets Foreclosed On It Won't Only Affect Her But It Will Also Affect You As Well
    Because Once She Adds You On To One Of Her Accounts Everything On Her Credit Also Shows Up On Your Credit Report As Well

But No A Short Sale Does Not Affect Your Credit At All

A Short Sale Will Save Your Credit If You Are In Foreclosure
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2008, 07:52 PM
    A "short sale" is just a sale, the lender agrees to accept a lower amount as payment in full. It is just a sale.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Short sale not accepted [ 3 Answers ]

When a short sale is not accepted what is the next best option ?

Short sale & credit rating [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and me are considering a short sale as a means of selling our home.We have had this home on the market for about 7-9 month with no real activity. So my questions are 1) I know its bad to do credit wise but how long will it effect a credit score and considering the current market in...

Short sale [ 1 Answers ]

When a short sale is not accepted what is the next best option?

Short sale [ 1 Answers ]

How long does the owner get to have the house under short sale? Is there a time frame before the lender will take it back and foreclose on the house?

FHA short sale [ 4 Answers ]

I sold my house over 4 years ago via a short sale because I had been laid off and could no longer afford to pay my monthly mortgage. I received a letter in the mail yesterday, Feb 22, 2007, from HUD saying that I owed them $4900. I can only assume that this is from the property that was sold 01/03,...

View more questions Search