Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JonR Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2003, 07:34 AM
    Copying DVD's
    I just bought a new computer which has a DVD-RW drive. Can I copy DVD movies from the video store or do they have some sort of anti-copying device that will prevent it?
    Shoreside_Vale Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2003, 12:16 PM
    Re: Copying DVD's
    Dvd's and vcd's don't, only games
    chrisbaker4937 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2004, 04:59 AM
    DVDs do have copy protection...
    Re the above reply - unfortunately DVDs do have copy protection on them.

However, I would recommend DVD Decrypter, a donationware program for ripping DVD's. I can honestly say it's the best ripper available and if used in conjunction with DVD Shrink you will be able to back up commercially available DVDs to a DVD±R.

DVD Decrypter also has a forum for members at http://forum.dvddecrypter.com/index.php? (just register) and I am a beta tester for the program so I do know of what I write

In the guides section of the site you will find a DVD9 to DVD±R guide, this takes you through step by step how to back up a DVD and also gives you the links to download the software you need.

Finally you really want to purchase decent blank media for your backups, I use Grade A Ritek G04 or G05 dye and a year after I started these disks still play perfectly.

Hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Copying DVD's [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a new computer which has a DVD-RW drive. Can I copy DVD movies from the video store or do they have some sort of anti-copying device that will prevent it?

Copying Music DVD's? [ 5 Answers ]

Help! I have a new computer and can burn music CD's, but can I copy music DVD's? And what software do I need to copy them? Karen, Finland

Copying my personal DVDS [ 6 Answers ]

Is there a program that will allow you to copy a copywrited DVD?

Video Cd Protect From Copying [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to make a video cv. It will make by burning a avi file or mpeg file. Then i don't like copy this cd others. So can i protect my cd from copy other peoples? Please send your replay to [email protected] Yours, Jaferali palakkode

View more questions Search