Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    That1Guy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2007, 04:27 PM
    Probation transfer.
    I am currently on felony probation and I was wondering if ir is possibible to get my probation transferd out of state.

I was wanting to move from Taylor,Mi and move to Columbia city,In where I have a home lined up and a job.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2007, 04:32 PM
    Ask your defense lawyer and probation officer to help you, if both states will agree, you can, but if one state says no you have to stay, or no, we don't want you here, then you will not be able to transfer or move.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 10, 2007, 06:14 PM
    As noted, it is a long process, you have to make a formal request providing them info on where you would stay, job you would do.
    Both the state you arer in and the other state has to OK the move.
    So in general you will have to apply and hope they do something.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 10, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Try this handy link:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...on-115783.html

AND THIS:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...-read-u-b.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation transfer [ 2 Answers ]

Need to know if I can transfer my probation to North Carolina from Michigan.I need the site to do my applocation and I have two assalt charges and 18 mouths probation

Probation transfer [ 1 Answers ]

My situation is this . My husband is on probation in N.Y for felony DWI. He is on probation for 5 years he has 3 left . He has has been a model probationer . Not one problem . My job transferred in July from N.Y to South Carolina . I'm a federal officer for homeland security . The probation...

Probation transfer [ 4 Answers ]

What's up whoever is reading this. Answer only if you know about probation tranfers.I have a friend who on probation in n.y. and in n.j. he really lives in n.j.. But n.y. thinks he lives at his aunts house in n.y.. See when he was arrested for the charge in n.y.. he had a case already pending in...

Probation transfer [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I received probation.We had to accept a plea agreement and 2 felony 4's.All allegations of dangerous crimes against children have been lifted.Our 3 children live in Maryland with a relative.This relative doesn't want us to get our children back.We lost our infant son in March 1999.We...

View more questions Search