Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunaina Posts: 80, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Skype for dial up connection
    I have a dial up internet connection and I am planning to use Skype "Linksys WIP320 Wireless-G IP Phone for Skype" or " Linksys CIT400 Skype Dual-Mode WiFi IP Phone". Which is better for me ?How's the connection like? I've no Idea help... Bundle of Thanks
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 10, 2007, 03:44 PM
    Neither as Skype requires a broadband connection of AT LEAST 1MBPS for voice traffic.
    HDW07 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Nov 14, 2007, 06:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunaina
    I have a dial up internet connection and I am planning to use Skype "Linksys WIP320 Wireless-G IP Phone for Skype" or " Linksys CIT400 Skype Dual-Mode WiFi IP Phone". which is better for me ?How's the connection like? I've no Idea help.....Bundle of Thanx
    Sunaina,

As curleyben has mentioned, Skype is a very bandwidth intensive application, which means you need a fast internet connection for it to function properly. And a dial up connection certainly isn't going to provide you with the kind of speed you will need. Skype is a fantastic application, but it is useless without a decent connection.

You will need a broadband connection to use skype, if you preform a Google search for 'broadband' you should find service providers in your area along with monthly deals and tariffs etc.

Hope that helps

Cheers
    H
    marked Posts: 41, Reputation: 0

Oct 2, 2008, 07:00 PM

YOu just need to have a broadband conenction for you to use that Skype service, it will be gard using a dial up..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sharing dial up connection over wireless ad-hoc network. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi!! Does anybody know how to share a dial up connection over a wireless ad-hoc network. I have managed to share files and folders. And I have even managed to share my printer. But I can't for the life of me seem to share my dial up connection. Can anybody help? Regards Luke :confused:...

Skype phones [ 4 Answers ]

Short question. How does a Skype phone work or where can I get an answer? Tried several places but they just want to sell phones not answer questions..

Computer connection via phone line with dial-up host [ 2 Answers ]

I need to connect to a computer in a rural area where there is no high speed internet - just phone connections. Purpose is to monitor one or more cameras on the property. Need to set up a computer to computer connection that's initiated when I dial rural computer and have it set up to answer...

Dial up connection [ 2 Answers ]

Aoa, I have dial up connection to internet.I can not listen phone calls during internet usage. I want to know that am I called by phone during my web browsing? Is there any program available to know about which Tel Phone calls are coming my during web browsing? Thank you

View more questions Search