Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erikae Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Half keyboard acts like numbers not letters as it should
    Hi everybody, this might sound strange or... stupid! :eek: Something happened with the keyboard of my laptop and the half right keys act like numbers,not letters.I am not sure if I pressed any combination of keys (certainly by mistake) or if sth else happened (maybe the aliens changed the places of the keys while I was not watching).Could someone help me with this very serious problem pleaseeee?It is the laptop that I work with in my working place and I can't tell exactly now which keys act strangely but if sm gives me some attention I will avec pleasure tell them which are these keys.Thank you in advance for your time.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Your Number Lock is on. Different on different computers, If you press jkl and get 123,
    That is the problem. Sometimes it is Fn + ?
    erikae Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 04:02 AM
    Ok problem was solved, Fn+Num lk made it all back to normal again... just like I imagined, it was the aliens who were messing with my laptop :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can't type letters. They appear as numbers [ 5 Answers ]

I have a big problem! When I try to type, some letters appear as nubmers. This only happens to letters that have a number underneath. The other letters appear just fine! But I can't type a full word, nor a sentence! Please help me!

Keyboard keys type numbers not letters [ 3 Answers ]

Trying to correct the keyboard typing the numbers under the letters. Help

Keyboard won't type letters q,w,e,are,t,why [ 8 Answers ]

Keyboard won't type letters q,w,e,r,t,y I saw this code like <shift>+Fn+o and it unlocked it but now my keyboard is broken again and won't type those letters I have to use "windows on-screen keyboard" to use letters q,w,e,r,t,y Please help Now shift button doesn't seem to be working either

Multiple numbers and Letters [ 1 Answers ]

I have Windows XP and when I go to miniclips.com, the home page is full of Huge blue numbers and letters and looks like 5 or 6 pages of info is jumbled together. I asked someone to see if the miniclip home page looked the same to them and they checked and said it looked OK. What could be my...

Ordered List: Display letters instead of numbers [ 3 Answers ]

How can I use lower case letters, instead of numbers, in an ordered list? When I use this code for my ordered list it displays numbers: <ol> <li>first thing on the list</li> <li>second thing on the list </li> </ol> Thanks!

View more questions Search