Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glimatory Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Cockney English
    I hope that I would get a helpful info regarding the Cockney accent and how can I get a good listening lessons about it.

Thank you
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2007, 02:12 PM
    Cockney English is most heard in the working class areas of London, where a lot of people use it. The easiest way to pick up on it would be to go to London, honestly, or to maybe listen to people from there talk. I heard quite a bit of it on the tube when I was there haha.
    clanmac Posts: 37, Reputation: 3

Nov 30, 2007, 07:40 PM
    One of the other ways to learn cockney is to watch a TV show called EASTENDERS, it is on the BBC channels
    clanmac Posts: 37, Reputation: 3

Nov 30, 2007, 07:43 PM
    a quick sample
    Apple and Pears = Stairs
    Dog and Bone = phone
    it is all about rhyming and local slang
    you could also watch the movie Lock stock and 2 smoking barrels ( I think that was the name of it )
    kiki_doki Posts: 200, Reputation: 11

Dec 1, 2007, 05:32 PM
    There are lots of films you could watch, like the forementioned Lock stock and another really good one is 'The Business' this one is excellent as there are lots of different people in it... basically the whole cast are cockney. There is no way of conveying an accent in written form it can only be observed by audio! So def would suggest getting the movie out.
    Spiked Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Well, don't know about listening lessons...
    But:

cockney: Information and Much More from Answers.com

That might help...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

English [ 7 Answers ]

Hi All, I am Kishore from India. I want to improve my English vocb. Can anyone tell what's the best and easy way?

English help [ 5 Answers ]

Dear Teacher, Kindly help me out with the following. Are these OK? 1)The institute has two campuses. One for the juniors ;One for the seniors. 2) This should not disturb the work life and family life balance. 3) Such a thing is basically done at the corporate level. 4) I want a pen and...

English [ 1 Answers ]

The shoreline/ has many different shapes. What is the subject and the simple subject. Trying to help my child. But I need understanding also.

English Help [ 6 Answers ]

No problem can be solved by the same conscious that's created it. I'm kind of confused by the sentence above. Please help me with your knowledge. Q1. Does this sentence make sense? Q2. Is "conscious" usually used as a noun? Q3. Do we need to put "by" before "it" to make it sense. Q4. ...

View more questions Search