Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sgt_pepper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2005, 04:12 PM
    Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop fan
    Hi all
    I acidentally dropped my laptop a few days ago and consequently the LAPTOP monitor and the CPU cooler fan did not work anymore. I was able to resolve the LCD issue by reconnecting the cable back to the mother board..

However, I don't know how to diagnose the fan problem. I don't mind replacing it but it would be great if someone could tell me if there were some simple checks I could do before I did that

Thanks
    DK
    basscleff Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Jul 28, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Only thing you can do is run the laptop hot so the fan will engage.
    Or take it out and put a 1.5 volt aa battery to it ansd see if the fan will spin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dell Laptop Computer [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Dell Laptop Computer and some how I locked the keyboard, it won't work, none of the keys.. how do I unlock it?? Even though the internal mouse works.. just not the keys.Right now I'm on a different computer, if your wondering.. Please help me

Dell all In One [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya All Wonder if anyone can help please. Dell 810 all in one on offer in UK, £21.70 (38USD) Has anyone used one or heard of them regarding print quality, photo printing etc. carts seem about average cost, £14, one cart printer. Thanks DavidB. ...

Problems with a Dell Inspiron 5000 Laptop [ 3 Answers ]

I recently tried to connect a Dell 540 photo printer to a Dell Inspiron 5000 computer running Windows XP Home. I got the laptop to recognize the printer but it would not print. I decded to disconnect the printer and uninstall the drivers. Soon my laptop began having problems at startup. It...

Dell laptop [ 6 Answers ]

Tried Several Things Need Help Trying To Connect Laptop To Landline Using Free Netzero I Have A Network And Modem Card All In One I Can Get It To Dial And When It Says You Are Loged On And It Verifies Password Then It Disconnects And Starts Redialing The Next Number...

Spyware/adware on dell wireless laptop? [ 4 Answers ]

I have win xp pro. My son bought a dell inspiron 1150 laptop (wireless). We hooked up the router to my desktop and cable modem. My question is, if my son gets spyware/adware on his computer, will that spyware/adware go on my desktop since we are hooked up to my cable modem? This might sound like a...

View more questions Search